Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin 0062x pickup in Tampa 12/23 at 6pm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MaxK, Thank you for all the pics and videos. In delivery video 3 of 3 your son, I presume, got hit with the falcon door when it was closing down. I'm surprised for lack of sensors to prevent that. Would you care to share details on how it happened and and/or it was a user error?

Last edited:
@MaxK
Yo ! Max. Can I share your videos on the official Tesla forums. Some of the guys there don't check TMC. They might be happy watching your videos. I will tell them to check your user name on YouTube to find all X related videos. Offcourse, only if you permit it.

Beautiful, Max! I'm glad to see another person with 20's. What kind of tires did yours ship with?
They are ContiCrossContact™ LX Sport
Front: 265/45 R 20
Rear: 275/45 R 20

IMG_0696.JPG
2015-12-25 02.31.09.jpg
2015-12-25 02.31.59.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

@MaxK, Thank you for all the pics and videos. In delivery video 3 of 3 your son, I presume, got hit with the falcon door when it was closing down. I'm surprised for lack of sensors to prevent that. Would you care to share details on how it happened and and/or it was a user error?

He did not get hit by the door. He did walk under it while it was closing, but stepped back out. The door may have stopped on it's own, but he stepped out before it could. He does later demonstrate the sensors stopping the door from the outside by placing his hand in front of the door and it stops.

- - - Updated - - -

@MaxK
Yo ! Max. Can I share your videos on the official Tesla forums. Some of the guys there don't check TMC. They might be happy watching your videos. I will tell them to check your user name on YouTube to find all X related videos. Offcourse, only if you permit it.
Yes, feel free to share my pictures and videos.

Since you're waiting on a part any chance your DS said anything similar to this?

"User ptsagcy is also claiming that "according to one DS", Tesla will shut down Production once the Sigs are made, and make some tooling adjustments which they've uncovered with the Sigs"

Since you're waiting on a part any chance your DS said anything similar to this?

"User ptsagcy is also claiming that "according to one DS", Tesla will shut down Production once the Sigs are made, and make some tooling adjustments which they've uncovered with the Sigs"
I have not heard anything to confirm that rumor.

It would seem illogical for Tesla to be aware of issues in their manufacturing process (I don't know that they are aware of any), but wait until they produce 1,200 +/- cars to fix any issues identified early on.

The change from Sig to Production does, in itself, not require a tooling change as the cars are the same. Therefore, a process update would be better timed to early rather than later to prevent rework in the SCs.

Wow, Max! Thanks so much for sharing The videos! So much cool info in them. I am a little awestruck by your dedication as evidenced in the videos by (1) your hospital wristband, and (2) "The Bloody Tissue"! Reminded me a bit of Curt Schilling's bloody sock in the World Series! Bravo, tough guy!

P.S. Did you ever get your model X out of submarine mode.... Or are you still stuck at 20,000 leagues under the sea.... ? ;)

Source? We have reports that "every other car" on the line is an X which is how they're built. Sounds like they're getting a lot of checking and tweaking afterwards however.

Checking and tweaking qualifies as semi-hand built. Cars still ran though the line but certain parts need manual installation or adjustment. The line shut down and update in January was mentioned somewhere but I couldn't remember where I saw it.