Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin # 10,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time has come at last to announce my retirement from the Tesla Delivery Sequencing tracking project in about a week. As I expected, once I received my VIN, I figured it was time to hang up my spreadsheet. My predecessor and I gathered quite a bit of data here.

Some highlights:
- Washington State may actually have more Model Ss per capita than California (see "States" tab)
- Of 850 or so deliveries noted, nobody has reported receiving a Model S in IA or MS. (see "States" tab)
- Since Jan 2013, Red and Blue have been the most popular colors reported (see "Config" tab)
- Since Jan 2013, about 1/3 of Model Ss had the 60kWhr battery option (see "Config" tab)
- Since mid-Feb, Tesla is building about 60 cars/day (see "Firm" tab)
- The end of quarter "surge" is very apparent! (See "Firm" tab)

If you would like to fill in a hole in the spreadsheet, either PM me or post your info on one of the delivery links.

Updated Delivery Spreadsheet

With 10000 looming so large, it seems likely that Tesla will break 12000 before June 30. Is that just December production not shipped in 2012, or are they really that far ahead of the 20k/yr pace?

Anyone else giddy about this?!

+1. Yes I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Just assigned vin ending in 9984 at 12:35am today.

lol. The post from Doug below yours says that no one has reported an MS in IA.

Looking at Bteflyl8e and Sunfishsolar.ca's finalize dates, I'm guessing VIN 10,000 will go to someone that finalized around March 26-27. Guess they'll be well over 10,000 (and possibly getting close to 11,000 by the time I get mine...

On a side note, I finalized on April 5, so I'm guessing I'll get a delivery window of early June (depending on their batch sequencing...).

I'm out, too! Just got my VIN... 9922. Reserved Nov '11. Finalized on 3/1/13. I had visions of Elon personally calling me to congratulate me on my lucky VIN number and telling me that I didn't have to worry about paying for it! :)
Lol, I had that exact same dream...

- - - Updated - - -

Just assigned vin ending in 9984 at 12:35am today.
Man, so close!