Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you reach out proactively (if so, how and who did you call/email) or did the ISA send an email or call you? I have yet to be contacted about receiving a VIN yesterday and wasn’t sure if it made sense to call or email someone, or just wait.
I received my VIN last Wednesday and still haven't been contacted by my ISA. I called the number provided on the website and she just said that it normally takes a week before someone reaches out and goes over the next steps. So again, I wait...

I received my VIN last Wednesday and still haven't been contacted by my ISA. I called the number provided on the website and she just said that it normally takes a week before someone reaches out and goes over the next steps. So again, I wait...
Thats what they told me too. When that week was up I called and was told to wait till 8 weeks have passed since configuration. SMH

Did you reach out proactively (if so, how and who did you call/email) or did the ISA send an email or call you? I have yet to be contacted about receiving a VIN yesterday and wasn’t sure if it made sense to call or email someone, or just wait.
Update: My ISA just did the initial reach out via email (1 day after VIN), with the boiler-plate information about providing registration information, insurance information, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: chojn1 and emorog
For those of you who have received your VIN, did you receive an email notifying you of the assignment or are you just checking your reservation page and finding it updated with the VIN?
I got my invite on 4/18 and configured the same day with solid black/19 inch wheels. I have been routinely checking my reservation every morning for the last 2 weeks hoping to see a VIN assinged in hopes that the 4 week delivery estimate would be met - that's obviously not going to happen given that I haven't received my VIN yet. :(

For those of you who have received your VIN, did you receive an email notifying you of the assignment or are you just checking your reservation page and finding it updated with the VIN?
I got my invite on 4/18 and configured the same day with solid black/19 inch wheels. I have been routinely checking my reservation every morning for the last 2 weeks hoping to see a VIN assinged in hopes that the 4 week delivery estimate would be met - that's obviously not going to happen given that I haven't received my VIN yet. :(

Like many of us...You have to refresh every hour to get a VIN haha. I waited 4 weeks and 1 day to get a VIN. Now waiting on ISA but it gives me time to prepare my loan.

Screenshot 2018-05-15 13.44.59.png

Only a subset of those report, but interesting no VIN assignments reported today.