Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s ridiculous. Almost obsessive. I keep telling myself I’ll stop but then when no one is watching I sneak in another page refresh. I know its not good for me but I just cant resist. I’m way too old to be ship stalking, searching page source code and filling my time buying accessories that I’m not entirely sure I will actually need :)
Where’s the vodka????
I keep saying that I should just avoid this forum and stop refreshing, but then I am back on. It is quite depressing!

Still VINless, I have no idea where the P3D+ are, but they don't seem to be coming here.

Reactions: HighlyCharged
You would think that they could quite easily resolve this issue in one shipment - I'd suggest that at most there might be a couple of hundred P3+'s ordered.

I've been away for the past 2 weeks - I sort of had hoped that this waiting would be behind me on my return, at least having a delivery estimate or hidden VIN.

I think US customers were complaining about long lead times on P3+'s a 3-4 weeks ago.
My hunch is that these may be made in the tent and supply was having a hard time keeping up with demand...
I half expected that they may build another tent, one way or another I'm sure that they are working on this, as these are exactly the kind of cars they want to deliver in the highest possible volume,
Hang in there guys... hopefully your cars are on a boat somewhere..

I think US customers were complaining about long lead times on P3+'s a 3-4 weeks ago.
My hunch is that these may be made in the tent and supply was having a hard time keeping up with demand...

Could be the batteries still - the larger long range batteries go in the LR AWD as well as well as the 3p.. and they aren't coming through the system yet either- me thinks that the orders made prior to September 1 will get theirs before end October, after that maybe November , or late Oct with some luck ! Fingers crossed :)

I half expected that they may build another tent, one way or another I'm sure that they are working on this, as these are exactly the kind of cars they want to deliver in the highest possible volume,
According to the spreadsheet its divided roughly 50/50 sr and performance. sr is being delivered but not the performance models.
Percent.JPG

According to the spreadsheet its divided roughly 50/50 sr and performance. sr is being delivered but not the performance models.View attachment 463292

It could even have been some problem with a part or something like that, i'm sure Tesla is highly motivated to sort it out...

Some Australian performance models have been delivered, but SR deliveries seem to be going more smoothly.

It could even have been some problem with a part or something like that, i'm sure Tesla is highly motivated to sort it out...
No doubt about that. Who wouldn't want to sell their products. But one way to prevent or reduce unhappy customers is communication. That something they need to do better. How much extra work is it to set a couple of hours each week to update to their customers?

If we really love the company, we should not be making excuses for them, especially not at this point where we want them to become mainstream.

It is the crap information that really annoys me. When I changed from P3- to LR AWD I asked the sales line if this would cause any delay beyond the est. delivery changing from Aug to Sep, they assured me it wouldn’t. When I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago they say the delay is down to me changing to a model that was offered later then the other variants so it has to be expected that they have delayed the LR AWD. They have told me maybe October but maybe by the quarters end, honestly if I could by the equivalent car elsewhere I would. I lent TESLA $1500 of my money three years ago in the belief that it may actually mean they would prioritise my order, now I understand those who ordered the earlier variants getting there cars first, but it pisses me off when those with no reservations and orders weeks after my LR AWD order get their cars after 2 weeks. Tesla told me they can schedule any variant and RHD/LHD on the production line at any time, just seems shear laziness that they are not even trying to satisfy deliveries in reservation and order date.

I checked the spreadsheet a while back and saw so much evidence of queue jumping. I’m not going to check it again for fear of needing therapy. The data is also hopelessly out of date because as soon as people get their delivery date they are no longer incentivised to update the spreadsheet as they are too busy polishing their driveway and repainting the garage.
On the up side, I’ve managed to keep today’s vin check count at 3 which is significantly less than I’ve been averaging the past week :)
Of course, it’s not 5pm here yet so there’s a good chance I’ll do another couple of checks before bed time :)