Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my 3P+, less then 48 hours from invoice received, to delivery. I enquired as to what my new delivery window was going to be, given DEC31 was baring down, with no invoice. Tesla Sydney gets back to me, “first phone call”, and indicates that my car is unaccountably still at the Port, but offers to escalate it, direct to the delivery centre, no AutoNexus. Whatever, thanks. A few minor fuzz like specks in the paint finish, which they took pics of, but can only be seen if you are scrutinising under reflective light. Can’t say that I would prefer complete panels resprayed. A manager offered a respray or some free accessories.

Car is a joy to drive. I have an excess of home solar panel electricity production. I don’t drive to work, so the car sits in the garage a lot during the day. I will set it to charge during peak day sun only, ensuring that it is only powered by the sun, no caveats from naysayers that the pollution is just emitted elsewhere. When I was a kid, I thought that by 2020, I would have a Jetsons flying bubble car. A solar powered bubble car, that accelerates like a rocket sled, feels pretty good, too.

Finally picked up, seems faultless which is great news. Have the interior booked in for ceramic coating on Monday (white interior and jeans dye can be an issue) but will need to wait until after XMAS for protective wrap etc.

Thus far, very happy.....
Hi EcoCloud -
what is the interior protection you had done to protect the seats. I know the exterior is ceramic, but seats? ScotchGuard, or something even better?

My P3D+ is also Blue // White interior like yours, and its getting delivered this Tuesday 31st Dec. To say that I am excited would be the understatement of the century!

I'm definitely going to take some photos of it down at Cottesloe Beach as the sunsets over the Indian Ocean. All that deep blue sky near sunset with the blue ocean and a blue car - should just about make it almost disappear! My very first invisible car!!

thanks

Last edited:
Hi EcoCloud -
what is the interior protection you had done to protect the seats. I know the exterior is ceramic, but seats? ScotchGuard, or something even better?

My P3D+ is also Blue // White interior like yours, and its getting delivered this Tuesday 31st Dec. To say that I am excited would be the understatement of the century!

I'm definitely going to take some photos of it down at Cottesloe Beach as the sunsets over the Indian Ocean. All that deep blue sky near sunset with the blue ocean and a blue car - should just about make it almost disappear! My very first invisible car!!

thanks

Had a ceramic interior coating applied to all the interior...will send a photo of the product warranty when I’m back from holidays on the 3rd.

Reactions: DavidRL
I'm wondering quite idly (if you call a pulse rate of about 6,000,000 bpm "idle") whether I will survive till tomorrow to collect my Tesla P3+ now that Tesla has actually confirmed delivery at 3pm WST, or if I shall quietly expire from excitement and emotional overload first?
Not that I am excited by the forthcoming delivery of my new baby. No, not at all! :D

Now, where shall I drive it first? And what music shall I play? Hmmmmmm.

Reactions: HappyPEJ
I'm wondering quite idly (if you call a pulse rate of about 6,000,000 bpm "idle") whether I will survive till tomorrow to collect my Tesla P3+ now that Tesla has actually confirmed delivery at 3pm WST
You’ll almost be the final 2019 delivery in Australia :D

If you were thinking way too much about your Tesla before you’ve even taken delivery, wait until after :p

• Funny
Reactions: DavidRL
I'm wondering quite idly (if you call a pulse rate of about 6,000,000 bpm "idle") whether I will survive till tomorrow to collect my Tesla P3+ now that Tesla has actually confirmed delivery at 3pm WST, or if I shall quietly expire from excitement and emotional overload first?
Not that I am excited by the forthcoming delivery of my new baby. No, not at all! :D

Now, where shall I drive it first? And what music shall I play? Hmmmmmm.
Congrats to you and all the other Wailers who will be picking up their steeds today and helping Tesla make their end of quarter numbers.

To the Wailers still wailing... It probably doesn't help now but, trust me on this, once you have had the car for a week you will have forgotten the wait.

Happy New Year to all.

You’ll almost be the final 2019 delivery in Australia :D

If you were thinking way too much about your Tesla before you’ve even taken delivery, wait until after :p

I just received an email from Tesla this morning:

"I can also confirm that your Model 3 will be the final Tesla delivery in Australia for 2019!!

We are glad you can welcome in the New Year with a step towards a sustainable future, and are so happy to hear that you are as excited as we are."

So, it's going to be the last Tesla delivered in Australia this decade (ending 31 Dec 2019). Can't quite describe how I feel.

What chance is there that I will actually get real work done today? (I am at work from 6:30am till 2pm today. DEFINITELY leaving work early! Must be home for my 3pm delivery!) o_O

My new family member was delivered at 8am Monday morning weighing a healthy 1856kg. Both car and family doing well and couldn’t be happier. No longer #vinless. Happy New Year everyone.
74F63807-97D0-4642-9E07-2023E24ED93C.jpeg

So is there anyone left from the original reservation holders still waiting for TM3? It seems like there are plenty of inventory cars now and they got this thing under control.
I expect there would be a few, who for whatever reason, haven’t ordered yet. Waiting for white interior, waiting for barebones SR, waiting for their finances to improve.

Anyone who wants to buy a car now will get one delivered in 2-3 months, reservation or not.

Ladies, Gentlemen, and those of you still deciding:

Kitkat has arrived at last, and OMG do I love it. It's just an amazing car. For those of you still waiting, its hard to describe how amazing it is to drive one. So flaming quick and so smooth. It really is as smooth as butter, and as brutal in acceleration (should you wish) as being slammed by a semi trailer. Corners like it is on rails, feels so comfortable. It's everything I wanted and more.

Totally amazing: thank you ELon Musk for the vision, and everyone at Tesla for an outstanding job.

This car changes the history of Transport.

Ciao from the Wailing Wall - I have officially graduated. My sympathies to those still waiting, but yours will arrive (soon I hope) and you will enjoy it immensely.

So I've got a relatively new order (December 4th) of the most basic of SR+ versions, but for delivery to Tasmania - Everything will allegedly be delivered in February which does make sense given small market and incoming shipments though suspect a delay getting it to Hobart (and 1 Sydney rep made it sound like the basic models might not be available till April), but thought I'd track progress here for those interested in non-reservation order and delivery to Tasmania...

So I've got a relatively new order (December 4th) of the most basic of SR+ versions, but for delivery to Tasmania - Everything will allegedly be delivered in February which does make sense given small market and incoming shipments though suspect a delay getting it to Hobart (and 1 Sydney rep made it sound like the basic models might not be available till April), but thought I'd track progress here for those interested in non-reservation order and delivery to Tasmania...

Hi Taslasr+. Have a look on my guide to tracking your Tesla. I am probably your go to guy for tracking your car snd searching for your hidden vin Tesla Tracking

For Tasmania, the cars go to Devonport. For the last quarters two have been delays getting them there.

Hi Taslasr+. Have a look on my guide to tracking your Tesla. I am probably your go to guy for tracking your car snd searching for your hidden vin Tesla Tracking

For Tasmania, the cars go to Devonport. For the last quarters two have been delays getting them there.
Thanks @Vedaprime - Your information is great to pass the time waiting for Tesla to get in touch with you - FYI - Because Tesla decided that all your personal information should be there in clear text in the page source even though not required - I've chosen the manual mechanism of checking rather than relying on the (what I'm sure is most likely trustworthy) chrome extension.

Reactions: Vedaprime
The bottoms of the front flaps are secured by two long plastic rivets which replace the factory short rivets which secure the inner guard. The tops of the flaps are partially secured by a built in plastic clip, but this is not good enough. The idea is that you drill a small pilot hole in the inner guard where the top hole is and then screw in one of the included screws. This makes the flaps far more secure. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this without taking the wheel off, maybe if you have a very low profile right angle adapter?

Wheels come off pretty easily, little hook through the hole in the nut cover to pull it off, then a 21mm socket. Nuts are open top and very light.

If you are in Melbourne, then come over to my place and I will give you a hand. Otherwise, there is bound to be someone in any city with the gear to help.

If you want to buy a low profile trolley jack, I bought a 3000kg unit from Supercheap for $215 (club price). It is very nice. I bought a bunch of hockey pucks from AliExpress. You can have one if you like since really I only need one. You can also get pucks which has a big nipple thing that goes into the hole in the chassis where the jack point is. I might get one since it can be a bit of a pain locating the puck correctly.
Hi There, @WoodWombat I'm a brand new member here and I've been reading the forums. My wife and I live in Healesville and we have made the decision to but a M3SR+. What we're missing is having a close look at one. Is there any chance we might have a look at your beauty? I think I might have been driving behind you the other day. I've been only slightly obsessed with Tesla's for years and now we're in the position to buy one. We just kinda want to see if we 'fit' in it. I'm 6'4" and I often only look through the top of the windscreen in many cars. I know we could go to a store, but we kinda want to hear from a real person who owns one. Anyway I hope you'll get in touch. [email protected] Cheers, Andrew