Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 28th Oct white P+ white interior , still no hidden vin , got a call from pepper Last Friday and told me that they have vin in their system and I should apply finance

The change configuration in ‘my account’ is no longer there , instead a change autopilot option appeared
@Bleach888 did you check the source code of the web page Tesla SSO – Login ? If you're using the Firefox browser you can simply add "view-source:" to the beginning of the web address (view-source:Tesla SSO – Login)

Right back at ya - same VIN range (so 2020 year) and car (White LR AWD). According to @Vedaprime's spreadsheet, my car is on the ANL Tongala arriving in Sydney 29 Nov. Since I'm local, looks like a fair chance at mid-Dec delivery unless something is wrong with it.

Yep I am in Sydney too - probably see you there same pick up day ! No call, but received invoice . Thinking around 9th December - 11th - looks down and sees my fingers and toes crossed...

For Melbournians who are #Vinning but #Stilldateless, I emailed Melbourne Delivery last week and also got the stock "late December-January" timeframe. I am planning on being in Perth for Christmas/New Year and need to book flights, but now I'm back in limbo waiting to see if there is a tighter timeframe to work to.

I am very happy that I have a VIN at last, I'd just like to have more information as it's difficult trying to plan life around vague dates - especially as we get closer to the holiday season!

Reactions: TadleyD
For Melbournians who are #Vinning but #Stilldateless, I emailed Melbourne Delivery last week and also got the stock "late December-January" timeframe. I am planning on being in Perth for Christmas/New Year and need to book flights, but now I'm back in limbo waiting to see if there is a tighter timeframe to work to.

I am very happy that I have a VIN at last, I'd just like to have more information as it's difficult trying to plan life around vague dates - especially as we get closer to the holiday season!

Agreed, Tesla really need to correct what is just simple logistics....

Reactions: Jenny99999

@Jennny99999 - I'm in the same boat (literally!). According to @Vedaprime 's spreadsheet our cars arrive on the Synergy Keelung 22nd Nov. So that could mean a delivery just before Christmas?

@Jennny99999 - I'm in the same boat (literally!). According to @Vedaprime 's spreadsheet our cars arrive on the Synergy Keelung 22nd Nov. So that could mean a delivery just before Christmas?
Yes and to nail it down a little further. 22 Nov is when Synergy Keelings arrives in Sydney. If the cars are somewhat consolidated by state in the containers, the Melbourne ones could stay aboard. Synergy Keelings arrives in MEL on 25 Nov.

If the cars are somewhat consolidated by state in the containers, the Melbourne ones could stay aboard.

Does anyone know if that’s a thing? Would be awesome for those in VIC if so. I suspect for us in WA that we’re going to have to wait for ours to be shipped on something else, so my expectations have been firmly set for January. I’m still going to celebrate a little on the 22nd when the Synergy Keelung arrives!

Reactions: DavidRL
OTOH I am not really sure it would save a great deal of time on the East coast. 3 days more on the boat vs being put on on of the multitude of daily trucks shuffling cars between SYD/BNE/MEL/ADL. Perhaps @Vedaprime can tell us if the containers are all consigned to Sydney. If the container your car is in does somehow manage to stay with the shipping company it will get the Freo on 6/12 via feeder service.

Here is the shipping schedule for the next couple of months.

image.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Taltosss and Furfy
Any suggestions on how to get Pepper to pull their finger out and request an invoice? I'm on Synergy Keelung and getting anxious that I don't have an invoice.
I emailed Pepper last week after the wishy washy response from Tesla, and got a reply from Pepper saying they could see I didnt have a delivery date scheduled yet, and that they will receive the invoice once the delivery date is scheduled.
#Itsalongwait #Ijustwantmycar

Yes and to nail it down a little further. 22 Nov is when Synergy Keelings arrives in Sydney. If the cars are somewhat consolidated by state in the containers, the Melbourne ones could stay aboard. Synergy Keelings arrives in MEL on 25 Nov.
I'm not sure if my car is on the Keelung or the Tongala as my VIN range is reportedly on both. A delivery before Christmas would be nice though!
#Waitingforthecall

• Informative
Reactions: Electro664
would be quicker to unload in Sydney and then put them on a truck to Melb
Not necessarily. Depends on logistics. How long after arrival container is unloaded. How long to get transported to depot and unloaded and reassembled. How long to put together a truck load. Availability of trucks etc. I suspect Tesla uses the most cost effective method whatever that may be.

Reactions: Vedaprime
Any suggestions on how to get Pepper to pull their finger out and request an invoice? I'm on Synergy Keelung and getting anxious that I don't have an invoice.
I just spoke to them today and they were very helpful. They said the invoice usually gets issued about 7-10 days before delivery. So they call you once a hidden VIN is assigned to get the ball rolling (loan approval, etc). Then when the delivery date is confirmed they ask Tesla for an invoice.

Hopefully that's the case, as I'm on the Synergy Keelung too. My Tesla rep said I should get delivery before Christmas if delivery is not delayed in any way (fingers crossed...)

On a slightly separate note, I cancelled my Model 3 order today! But this is actually good news for a couple of reasons...
  1. I have finally tracked down a P3D- which is the car I've been chasing for the last 3 months!
  2. There is now a white P3D+ on the Synergy Keelung with a VIN that's about to be released back into the wild.
So in theory, someone who ordered a white P3D+ might get an early delivery :)

Reactions: Hungry Mile