Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @Vedaprime, I received the final invoice this morning. Details below.

VIN: 5YJ3F7EA3LF5036XX
Compliance/Build Date (they were the same): 28/10/2019

Would you mind confirming which boat this would indicate the car traveled/is travelling on, and when it will be arriving in Aus (if not already here)? Thanks again for your work here, it's appreciated.

Debussy, arriving December 6

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Based on that, even though Tesla indicated a mid-December delivery, I'm starting to think I will be lucky to get it before the new year.

2-6 weeks, so it's possible but only one thing needs to have a slow down (unloading, customs, damage on our car that needs to be fixed before delivery etc.) and the time line can be blown out to the 6 weeks (more for some).....fingers crossed no slow downs and no damage and you could get before XMAS, or just before New Year! ;)

You know everyone, it strikes me that Tesla have all the correct info.
They know which VIN we've been assigned, they know when that vehicle was loaded on to a freighter, they know the scheduled arrival to the first Australian port, they can give an estimate of processing time.

Therefore, this could all be automated pretty easily I think, to give each individual order an estimated vehicle collection day. It would bloody well make life easier and help to avoid all this wailing! This is a software company as well, sheesh. o_O
Even Australia Post provides some tracking information by SMS!

Therefore, this could all be automated pretty easily I think,

Agreed!! We go from one wait to the next. Find a hidden VIN. Yay!! A week or so later, someone calls. Yay!! Checking email constantly for the invoice promised in a couple of days. Boo!!

I'm sure it will all smooth out before too long. It's just really hard when you've been waiting 3.5 years....

They know which VIN we've been assigned, they know when that vehicle was loaded on to a freighter, they know the scheduled arrival to the first Australian port, they can give an estimate of processing time.

Therefore, this could all be automated pretty easily I think, to give each individual order an estimated vehicle collection day. It would bloody well make life easier and help to avoid all this wailing! This is a software company as well, sheesh. o_O
Even Australia Post provides some tracking information by SMS!
Yes, this. Absolutely.

The most basic of logistics software and the most basic CMS to keep customers updated of progress could alleviate so much stress for those waiting for their car.

It would cost barely anything to get that up and running but instead they persist like this leaving customers to get frustrated.

It's hard to know whether they don't have the money, the time, or the care factor.

It also goes against everything their brand and their core product stands for.

/rant

It's certainly been the most frustrating purchase of my life so far, the lack of communication is infuriating and the last minute delivering of damaged vehicles situation is beyond a joke.

I ordered in August and was told a September delivery and still no car...this isn't acceptable treatment when buying a 70+k car. I'll be making sure to be honest and tell everyone who asks about my car how painful the experience has been.

Exactly right.
They also read these forums (and this thread) and say that it is close but no cigar!
To be fair, the staff have all signed NDA's to get their jobs, so have little discretion on disclosure of anything not in the public domain.
You would have a better chance of finding out things by contacting Elon (tweet, email etc) and presenting a rational argument for disclosures on a specific matter.

Yes, this. Absolutely.

The most basic of logistics software and the most basic CMS to keep customers updated of progress could alleviate so much stress for those waiting for their car.

It would cost barely anything to get that up and running but instead they persist like this leaving customers to get frustrated.

It's hard to know whether they don't have the money, the time, or the care factor.

It also goes against everything their brand and their core product stands for.

/rant

Agree. Tesla currently uses Salesforce but my guess is not flexible enough to integrate directly with their logistics systems and in country systems. They are moving away...

Tesla is starting to ditch Salesforce and replace it with its own software for company salespeople

Reactions: MonicaPlease
little discretion on disclosure of anything not in the public domain

PJF, I didn't mean that staff should disclose anything against policy, I mean that should BE the process. I get that the company is more focussed on manufacturing and delivery than on customer relations, but damn, they are losing customers due to exactly this issue. Just read back over these forums.
Furthermore, if I'm buying one of these things, I want to to be sure that they'll be around beyond the life of the car to provide support, so I don't want them to lose customers due to poor management.

Tesla staff, are you paying attention? (post #890) Pass it up!

How can they say that a car manufactured mid-November will be delivered by mid-December?
It will be on a ship by the 3rd week of November, land in Sydney close to the new year and delivered 10 to 14 days later. Mid January is a better estimate for mid November production...

Tesla just doubled down and sent me an invoice and re-confirmed the mid December delivery date.

Reactions: TASKA9
5YJ3F7EBXLF4884XX reserved 2nd April 2016. ordered 3rd September 2019 White LR AWD no FSD
Right back at ya - same VIN range (so 2020 year) and car (White LR AWD). According to @Vedaprime's spreadsheet, my car is on the ANL Tongala arriving in Sydney 29 Nov. Since I'm local, looks like a fair chance at mid-Dec delivery unless something is wrong with it.

See my sig for reservation and order dates. I got the call on the 14th, so only 25 days after ordering :D. I don't know when my hidden VIN appeared because I never looked until today. No invoice yet, but I only sent back my rego application yesterday.

Ordered on 28th Oct white P+ white interior , still no hidden vin , got a call from pepper Last Friday and told me that they have vin in their system and I should apply finance

The change configuration in ‘my account’ is no longer there , instead a change autopilot option appeared