Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi There, @WoodWombat I'm a brand new member here and I've been reading the forums. My wife and I live in Healesville and we have made the decision to but a M3SR+. What we're missing is having a close look at one. Is there any chance we might have a look at your beauty? I think I might have been driving behind you the other day. I've been only slightly obsessed with Tesla's for years and now we're in the position to buy one. We just kinda want to see if we 'fit' in it. I'm 6'4" and I often only look through the top of the windscreen in many cars. I know we could go to a store, but we kinda want to hear from a real person who owns one. Anyway I hope you'll get in touch. [email protected] Cheers, Andrew

Hi Andrew

I live in Melbourne inner east, you are welcome to look/drive my car when you drive pass. cheers

Hi all,

I ordered a Model 3 on the 24th of December and choose Macquarie for Finance who didn't want a bar of me even though I could easily service the loan, so I changed to Pepper Money and called Tesla to confirm that they will tell Pepper to call me, this was on the 7th of Jan and still haven't heard anything. Is this normal in anyones experience, maybe not the changing finance part but Pepper Money taking a while to get back to people? I read that they stopped doing Teslas on these forums but not sure if true as they are still an option.

I called Tesla who said they will follow up with Pepper last week, this week on Wednesday I emailed Tesla to get some writing down and haven't heard anything. I understand their post purchase service with Tesla is average but I am just sitting here now...

More of a rant I suppose as I don't know if anyone could provide info and not sure if correct spot to post, but thanks for reading!

Hi all,

I ordered a Model 3 on the 24th of December and choose Macquarie for Finance who didn't want a bar of me even though I could easily service the loan, so I changed to Pepper Money and called Tesla to confirm that they will tell Pepper to call me, this was on the 7th of Jan and still haven't heard anything. Is this normal in anyones experience, maybe not the changing finance part but Pepper Money taking a while to get back to people? I read that they stopped doing Teslas on these forums but not sure if true as they are still an option.

I called Tesla who said they will follow up with Pepper last week, this week on Wednesday I emailed Tesla to get some writing down and haven't heard anything. I understand their post purchase service with Tesla is average but I am just sitting here now...

More of a rant I suppose as I don't know if anyone could provide info and not sure if correct spot to post, but thanks for reading!

My order was around same time. Zero comms so far after the order, both from Tesla and Pepper.

As I understand (the roundabout way), pepper will start contacting couple of weeks before delivery the car. Eventhough Tesla sales muppets will tell you pepper is meant to reach out to you 30 days before delivery. Pepper would approve the finance over phone straight away and the process doesn't take long.

So don't stress too much. At the end of the day both Tesla and Pepper want your $$$ so they won't go without one. Keep in mind - the cars are only arriving in country mid Feb and would take couple of weeks to hit the showroom and be ready for delivery. So you're looking close to end of Feb (or even early March) - there's an entire month for pepper to contact you and sort things out.

But in general, yes Tesla sales should improve on their communication - it's appalling and at times misleading.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wol747
Thanks guys, just needed the reassurance I suppose. Will let it all play out now. No vin yet Veda but I am following your guide when I do!

Surprised to hear Macquarie won’t touch you, I’m self employed (always have been) and my wife doesn’t work etc. etc. lots of black marks....Macquarie took info over phone, approved overnight....maybe it helped that input in 30%?

Surprised to hear Macquarie won’t touch you, I’m self employed (always have been) and my wife doesn’t work etc. etc. lots of black marks....Macquarie took info over phone, approved overnight....maybe it helped that input in 30%?

I only just scraped in with Macquarie, put in 40% deposit, solid full time well paying job, wife works part time. They said if it was a business loan it would be easy but consumer the rules are way tighter, suggested Pepper would be much easier if I wanted to go with them but in the end managed to get it across the line with Macquarie.

I only just scraped in with Macquarie, put in 40% deposit, solid full time well paying job, wife works part time. They said if it was a business loan it would be easy but consumer the rules are way tighter, suggested Pepper would be much easier if I wanted to go with them but in the end managed to get it across the line with Macquarie.

Still odd, my car is used for business trips/driving however it is under my name personally not a business/company name. Both X and 3 (previously S) are all this way....3 was done just recently so not sure of the rules would have changed....

So I've got a relatively new order (December 4th) of the most basic of SR+ versions, but for delivery to Tasmania - Everything will allegedly be delivered in February which does make sense given small market and incoming shipments though suspect a delay getting it to Hobart (and 1 Sydney rep made it sound like the basic models might not be available till April), but thought I'd track progress here for those interested in non-reservation order and delivery to Tasmania...
Thanks to tweet from @Vedaprime - Just checked and hidden VIN is there - Now just need the ships to hurry up and start their journey to Australia...

How many cars fit in a container?

4 model 3

861E39EB-6E5D-4D39-83BE-A1D208363BF2.jpeg

Reactions: taco
Gee... hasn’t the traffic thinned out in this forum since the burst of the first two phases of deliveries! :D Hopefully the “steady state” deliveries won’t be too far below the initial burst.

And there’s still Model Y to come... in late 2021... maybe... :cool:

Reactions: Vedaprime
We are back on the wall.
Got my SR+ late Dec.
Wife ordered a red SR+. 07/01/2020
Got a call yesterday from Brisbane.
Car due late Feb/early March.
Some confusion with company/ account holder.
Sorted out but no invoice yet.
No rush.

Congrats on baby 2. No cars will make Feb delivery in Australia. Hidden vins are goining out weekly now with quite a few yesterday. I’m getting down into the data - with now date and now even time of shipping events per container possible.