Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, for those who have received a VIN, did you receive a text notification or happen to catch it while checking the app? I'm looking for a reason to stop checking the app every hour. :). Thanks and sorry to ask a question I'm sure has been asked many times on this forum.

Hi all, for those who have received a VIN, did you receive a text notification or happen to catch it while checking the app? I'm looking for a reason to stop checking the app every hour. :). Thanks and sorry to ask a question I'm sure has been asked many times on this forum.
Received text and email at the same time.
Don't worry you'll keep checking the app still. Resistance is futile! 😆

Showed up in the app for me, first.
Then eventually I got a text and an email.

Reactions: C2023
MYLR White/White
No Tow
5-Seats
19"
OD: 5/7/23
ODD: May - June
EDD: None
VIN: None

I also ordered the Mobile Connector at the same time, which had been shipped and expected to arrive on 5/17/2023.
I was confused by the language used when ordering the car with the mobile connector. It said it would ship based on vehicle delivery. I want to make sure my charging solution is 100% ready to go before the car arrives and didn't want to wait to get the mobile connector with the car. So I ordered the car without the mobile connector, then ordered the connector separately. Same overall cost i think and the mobile connector shipped next day.

I was confused by the language used when ordering the car with the mobile connector. It said it would ship based on vehicle delivery. I want to make sure my charging solution is 100% ready to go before the car arrives and didn't want to wait to get the mobile connector with the car. So I ordered the car without the mobile connector, then ordered the connector separately. Same overall cost i think and the mobile connector shipped next day.
IMHO, that is the better way to do it as Tesla does not seem to have integrated systems between the car delivery and accessory warehouse. That means you would likely need in limbo for weeks or months after getting you vehicle.

Maybe it's better, but you can find a number of threads here from last year about this. I was getting a run around from support about how they couldn't do anything and they couldn't give me a date, so I placed a new order and canceled the original order that I did with the M3. New order shipped in 48 hours and the refund came through.

Was it shipped UPS or FedEx? Took forever for mine to ship, and now it says shipped. No e-mail.. website shows the Tracking Number as "Null". So weird.