Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was confused by the language used when ordering the car with the mobile connector. It said it would ship based on vehicle delivery. I want to make sure my charging solution is 100% ready to go before the car arrives and didn't want to wait to get the mobile connector with the car. So I ordered the car without the mobile connector, then ordered the connector separately. Same overall cost i think and the mobile connector shipped next day.

Was it shipped UPS or FedEx? Took forever for mine to ship, and now it says shipped. No e-mail.. website shows the Tracking Number as "Null". So weird.
I got my 6-years old EVSE 9.6 KW at home already. No need for me to buy Tesla wall mount unit. However, it is always good to have the backup connector for Tesla, just in case.

Meanwhile, my ordered is shipped by UPS ground, it takes a week from west coast to east.

Hi larns565, I'm watching your delivery date with interest. I'm from Sacramento, ordered three days before you and my delivery end date is scheduled for May 23. Any day now.
EDD: May 11-19
VIN: Assigned 5-10 !!
5-11, Received email to schedule my delivery for 5/13 - 5/15 !

And here I was lollygagging along after receiving my VIN. Now Im in a rush to get my loan squared away because they only gave me a 3 day window to pickup.

Reactions: Chewy13
MYP
Midnight Silver Metalic
5 Seat Black Premium Interior
21" Überturbine
OD: May 4
ODD: May
EDD: May 27 - June 24 (received just today 5/12)
VIN: TBD

We keep getting Accelerated delivery notices, however they are always for MYLR & other color smaller wheels etc.. and want to add more to original price?!
Existing inventory shows same configurations, however can only be registered in several states around us but not here, SA confirmed.

Do you get the EDD through your app inbox, email, or text? Nothing on my order has changed since I ordered, just wondering if I am looking in the right place.
The EDD appears on the main page of the app, right underneath the pic of your car. No notifications or email though. You do get an email & text when your VIN is assigned and also when it's time to schedule your delivery.

MYP Black/Black
No tow
OD: 4/26/23
ODD: April
EDD: May 13- May 27
VIN: N/A
Vancouver, Wa
No updates yet (today is the first day of my provided EDD window).

A question though:
Has anyone ever received a VIN on a weekend or do they only give them out M-F?

I have completed all pre-delivery steps I can (no trade-in, approved financing, final payment) hoping it would accelerate the process but don't have a SA to consult so... I turn to this forum as a form of therapy to normalize my app-checking neurotic behavior of late.
If I ever get a VIN, I'm afraid this will be my reaction:

No updates yet (today is the first day of my provided EDD window).

A question though:
Has anyone ever received a VIN on a weekend or do they only give them out M-F?

I have completed all pre-delivery steps I can (no trade-in, approved financing, final payment) hoping it would accelerate the process but don't have a SA to consult so... I turn to this forum as a form of therapy to normalize my app-checking neurotic behavior of late.
If I ever get a VIN, I'm afraid this will be my reaction:
Haha. Totally share your reliance on this forum (it's embarrassing how often I'm checking). :)

Per others' experiences, VINs have been delivered over the weekend (and during non-business hours). Hopefully you receive yours soon. And please share back when you do. We're waiting on similar models.

Haha. Totally share your reliance on this forum (it's embarrassing how often I'm checking). :)

Per others' experiences, VINs have been delivered over the weekend (and during non-business hours). Hopefully you receive yours soon. And please share back when you do. We're waiting on similar models.
I have read a couple posts in here where folks are all about our desperate support club, and then they get their DD and *poof*... they gone! They are probably hanging out with their new car instead of us.
I commit to posting the details to delivery and then announcing my departure from this thread. 👍🏻

Glad to see folks are starting to get VIN's for the May orders now. I stopped at a Tesla store last night and talked with the guy I ordered from and told him my EDD is now May 21-June 4 and he told to roughly expect a VIN on Tues/Wed this coming week. He said "Generally once you get that date range it means your car is scheduled to be built and it's usually right around 5 days before that range starts". So assuming he's correct I should hear something maybe Tuesday. And no I asked right away if he could see the schedule lol.

He did say "generally", so I assume there's exceptions, but hopefully means I can check the app less for the next few days lol.

Reactions: C2023