Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD3: Received a call and text from my local delivery center saying my VIN will be assigned “Soon”. (7/3)
EDD3.5: Jul-Aug (7/4)
Just curious, how do you know where the text is coming from? I've gotten numerous text and emails from Tesla, and some times they give their name, but never say where they originate from. When I've called my delivery center, I usually end up talking to someone in a different State.

Just curious, how do you know where the text is coming from? I've gotten numerous text and emails from Tesla, and some times they give their name, but never say where they originate from. When I've called my delivery center, I usually end up talking to someone in a different State.
I’ve had the same text thread since the day I placed the order (only time a name of Joe was given) and I’ve only communicated that way with Tesla since. The local delivery center replied via the same thread, so I’m assuming it’s just Tesla and likely not the actual local delivery center.

Reactions: retbesla and Alonzo
MYLR 7 seats, 19" wheels, white red exterior, black interior, no tow.

OD 5/20 in Colorado
EDD1 June-July
EDD2 June 9-June 23.
VIN assigned on 6/4, Fremont, matrix, HW4.
EDD3 - June 21-June 30.
EDD4 - June 10-June 19.
Tesla contacted me to schedule delivery on June 11. The options given to me were June 15, 16, or 17.
Hold on 6/12/23. VIN unassigned
Released hold on 6/26/23. Changed color to red.
EDD5 - June to July (updated 7/1)
EDD6 - July to August (updated 7/4)

Hold was a max of 2 weeks, which I did to qualify for a state tax incentive.

Reactions: retbesla
I’ve had the same text thread since the day I placed the order (only time a name of Joe was given) and I’ve only communicated that way with Tesla since. The local delivery center replied via the same thread, so I’m assuming it’s just Tesla and likely not the actual local delivery center.
I agree. I think everyone at Tesla has access to that same text thread.

145 degrees is bad for electronics. Enable the cabin overheat protection. You can set that to go on at different threshold temps.
Yes, I will try it. I was afraid of battery drainage due to the use of AC. But after I searched the fact in Youtube, it looks like that function uses ~10% battery. I will test the function for a week, and update here! Thanks for the advice!

One week post delivery pick up.

This paint started chipping. Definitely not there when I picked up.

Attachments

• 71020787224__1310E609-5D00-4698-BEB2-F5025DAD9BFE.jpeg
    71020787224__1310E609-5D00-4698-BEB2-F5025DAD9BFE.jpeg
    524.9 KB · Views: 87
MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Fremont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Hold Expired: June 15th
EDD4: June 29-30
VIN2: June 16th (PF807XXX)
Manufactured2: ??? Fremont
VIN2 Removed: June 20th
VIN3: June 22nd (Austin)
VIN3 Removed: June 23rd
Order placed on Hold Until July 1: June 23
VIN4: June 28 (Freemont)
VIN4 Rejected at delivery: July 1 (roof seal problem)
Order placed on Hold until July 3rd: July 1
EDD5: July 1- July 8
VIN5: July 4
EDD6: July 7 - July 14
Denver, CO

Got my 5th Vin. Fingers crossed.

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Fremont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Hold Expired: June 15th
EDD4: June 29-30
VIN2: June 16th (PF807XXX)
Manufactured2: ??? Fremont
VIN2 Removed: June 20th
VIN3: June 22nd (Austin)
VIN3 Removed: June 23rd
Order placed on Hold Until July 1: June 23
VIN4: June 28 (Freemont)
VIN4 Rejected at delivery: July 1 (roof seal problem)
Order placed on Hold until July 3rd: July 1
EDD5: July 1- July 8
VIN5: July 4
EDD6: July 7 - July 14
Denver, CO

Got my 5th Vin. Fingers crossed.
Another Fremont build? Or did you get Austin this time?

MYLR
White
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 28
ODD: June-July
EDD1 (June 14): June 22 - June 30
EDD2 (June 17): July 1 - July 8
DD (June 22): June 28
VIN: (June 17): PF805XXX = HW4 + matrix

Took delivery on June 28 at the Cincinnati SC during a bright sunny day. The text I received 15 minutes prior to my appointment said to go into the app and accept delivery so I can get in the vehicle. I wanted to inspect it first so I didn’t do anything and before going in to the SC, I inspected the exterior of the car.

Panel gaps look good (to my untrained eye at least), paying close attention to the headlights, tail lights, trunk alignment, doors and fender gaps, glass seals. Noticed a paint defect on the passenger rear view mirror, didn’t really bother me too much.

Went inside and checked in, they would not let me in the car unless I handed over my cashier’s check. That really annoyed me even though I half-expected it. Handed over the check, went out and got inside the car. Couldn’t find anything wrong, other that some dirt in the trunk that could be vacuumed. Not a big deal, at least it’s not grease or something that would be a mess to clean up. The car was charged to 89%. I didn’t get a chance to try super charging as the entire lot was filled with MY and M3 that were all lined up looking like they were getting prepped.

There was a clip board on the center arm rest with paper work to fill out and sign. Went back in to the SC and handed my paper work and told the lady about the paint defect. She came out and took a look, put in a service request for it. Should I even bother? Feels like there is clear coat on top. The SA said they deal with paint imperfections all the time. I just don’t want to make it to be a bigger problem than it is.

Spent about 45 minutes total inspecting the car, there was no SA with me so I took my time, very happy on the drive home. The sound system is awesome! But I drove home with it mostly off, I wanted to keep an ear out for any rattles.

Couple of things: The turn signal goes continuously when moving the stalk slightly, it doesn’t do 3 flashes and off like I thought it’s supposed to. Am I missing something? I also think the cargo cover is a little funky to use. Maybe I’m not folding it up correctly when I want to access the lower trunk.

Swapped the wheel covers when I got home, installed the screen protector, and put in the floor mats. Got it tinted yesterday. Enjoying the car so far!
You can change turn signal settings in the Controls menu. You can either have it set to turn off after 3 flashes automatically when stalk is tapped lightly (stays on continuously when stalk pressed fully), or have it set to turn of turn signal automatically as car detects you've changed lane / turned (this setting leads to turn signal staying on until you've made lane change or turn).

Have a VIN that starts with 810 and built on June 15. I ordered on June 23. Are most receiving VINs around the 810s from Fremont? Mine is a 7 seater LR. Cannot tell if I received a VIN for a car in transit to the North East or if it was something else.
All MYLR 7 seats are built in Fremont, it should have "PF" in the VIN. I doubt it's a reject, probably just originally not built to order, Tesla build different configurations in batches to lower production cost, 7 seats are less popular and I always see them in inventory where I am.