Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White on White Interior Waiting is pain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure the order date really matters. They changed my order on my twice without asking or telling me, and the date ended up changing on the website each time. From what I can tell when I called in, they knew when I placed the initial order and that has no bearing whatsoever on when you get your car. But I’m a bit surprised people were getting estimated dates. Nobody ever told me anything, basically it’s ready when it’s ready and they have no clue when that is. Almost all of the messages to my delivery advisor went unanswered. They even changed the interest rate on me and it took me a month to notice since I never got a message saying anything about it. It just days it under ‘agreed terms’, even though I didn’t agree to it. I placed my order 3/18, and the only contact I got from Tesla was when they assigned me a different car than I ordered and expected me to pay the difference. It’s a terrible experience for sure, but nobody there appears to care very much, so you’re probably stuck with whatever service they decide to give you.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
We took delivery of a family member’s white/white SR this afternoon. The car was flawless and the service was excellent. It was very slow when we got there. We took our time inspecting the car and really couldn’t find anything wrong with it.

A couple of observations on the car:

The screen shows it as an SR+, but the range was definitely capped at 220 miles. There was no fog light option. Immersive sounds was available but just “on/off”, I thought the stereo sounded great but I didn’t spend a lot of time listening to it. It was built in May and had HW3.

There was no window sticker on the car so I asked them to print one out for me. It seemed like a foreign request but they seemed happy to do so. The window sticker definitely said “SR” and 220 miles range.

The J1772 adapter was included as was the 120 volt adapter. No other adapters were included and no phone cables were included. No floor mats (as expected). The car was running firmware version 2019.7.107. I know that’s an old version so hopefully he will get an update shortly. Sentry mode was available on the car.

He used my referral code and by the time I got home the bonus miles were showing in my account. They accepted a photocopy of a check from the credit union that was being held until paperwork was signed and they took a personal check for the remaining balance.

So overall an excellent experience and a beautiful car. It really couldn’t have gone any smoother.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and M3totms
We placed our order at the showroom right after our test drive. Our sales rep was rushing us through the steps, including financing. Being guided to do the financing on the spot led me to believe that our order wouldn't really be in their queue until we had that settled.

In hindsight, it was likely just a tactic to make sure we both committed to the order and would actually get approved for credit. (We dress relatively casually — no name brands, no crazy bling or purses, not really any makeup on my part — and are often dismissed by sales folk. During our test drive, he was inquiring about both our jobs as well as the brand of shoes I was wearing, which were just Skechers. Innocent enough, though the way he asked some of the questions felt like he was qualifying us, which I get. I just wish I wasn't rushed through the process at the counter when we got back to the showroom.)

When going through the order process, the sales rep said that the car might take a little bit longer than the 2 weeks noted on the site, stating it might possibly take up to 4 weeks, as he stated they tend to get more deliveries in the second half of the month. Either way, he gave us the impression we'd have the car before the end of May, and thus before our loan offer would be set to expire.

If they don't hold to the initial worst case scenario timeline they gave us, then we are going to have two hard inquiries on our credit report when this loan offer expires. I'm not a happy camper about that possibility. I'll likely fight with their finance department to have one of the inquiries removed if that happens.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I haven’t seen a white paint car in inventory for quite some time. I’m not sure if they are just really popular or if Tesla just doesn’t make that many of them. Adding the white interior does seem to make it quite the unicorn. But two people on the forum so far have claimed to either taken delivery of one or at least got a VIN#. So there is hope.

Didn’t you hear there is a national shortage of white paint? :(

Yeah. He told me that he needed to cancel and reorder :( So, I'm also down an extra 2500 while this all shakes out.
That’s nuts. I asked to add a referral code days after the order and was initially told (over the phone) that this was impossible as “corporate was really cracking down” on adding codes after the sale. After visiting the local service center, they just typed it in — no muss, no fuss.

I definitely found, through my trials, that not all reps are equal. Some have knowledge, others have empathy, some are completely clueless. Just call around to various locations — doesn’t have to be local — eventually, you’ll get someone who can make things happen.

Where I can see Source code? Anyone help. I want to check as well

Use Chrome as your browser and go to the following url (works in most others but instructions will be a little different. Tesla SSO – Login

Right click anywhere in the bottom half of the page where all the text is and select “View Page source”. It will open a new tab with the HTML code that generates the page. Press Ctrl-F (or Cmd-F on a Mac) and find the text “Vin” in the page with quotes. Of the 7 that show up, the last one still says null for me but the second to last one is where the Vin first showed up. I saw the vin there about 2 hours before I got the text.

• Informative
Reactions: Royal-1