Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you go to the Telsa store tomorrow after the price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Apple is a master at this, and cars are harder to manage inventory for than phones. Would love Tesla to get to Apple's level but I just don't see them being that competent at supply chain management based on past performance. Tesla's signature move is the YOLO.

Reactions: tonyz1
There was a way to move inventory if they had thought it out more. I am of the thinking that a range-locked LR to make it an SR or Short Range to get it down to a lower level would have been a great way to get it to the price point they want without screwing over 3/4 of a million people who bought in the last 6 months. Instead, they just screwed over anyone who bought a tesla in the previous 6 months. That is a massive failure IMO.

This really stinks for anyone who purchased in the last month or so.
More than just the last month....I paid March 2022 pricing for my Oct 28th delivered car and the new price is still $8K CAD less than what I paid.
And we have no new tax credit in Canada...this is all supply/demand related. The M3RWD did drop enough to qualify for an EV credit (which it used to qualify for) but none of the other models dropped enough to qualify for our EV incentives (provincially or federally).

Reactions: Choncho
I hope people do, if it gets Tesla to provide some sort of rebate then it would help everyone who bought recently.

Why would Tesla do that? Did you pay them the difference when they raised prices after you purchased? These statements simply make no sense ... kind of like going back to the grocery store and asking for your $1.00 off milk because you saw a coupon but already bought and consumed the milk ...

You're just gonna waste your time. They won't give you back anything.
There once was a time back in 2019 where Tesla *did* send refund checks to people that bought a Model 3 Performance before the price dropped by $5k overnight. But they also stopped including free supercharging with the price drop. So basically you called up, asked for a refund (in exchange for giving up free supercharging) and they sent a check.

That's exactly what I did, and I've taken exactly two road trips since I bought my car in late 2018, so I came out pretty well ahead.

Of course now my car is probably worth below zero on trade-in even though it has FSD.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
There was a way to move inventory if they had thought it out more. I am of the thinking that a range-locked LR to make it an SR or Short Range to get it down to a lower level would have been a great way to get it to the price point they want without screwing over 3/4 of a million people who bought in the last 6 months. Instead, they just screwed over anyone who bought a tesla in the previous 6 months. That is a massive failure IMO.
Once again - giving people less for less does not address the fundamental price/value mismatch that is present in the current market.

Two thirds of a Model Y for $44k is just as overpriced as three thirds at $66k.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I am going to talk to the manager. I picked up my MYLR on Dec 28th with the 7500 credit. I did expect the new year it would drop the price around $7500~9000 but not like 20%. I would like to see how many of you will go to the store and what would you request from the manager?

Please share as I will go this Saturday.
So do you also think that during these past two years when Tesla jacked up the prices you should also have talked to the manager to give more money to them to make up the difference for your now cheaper Tesla? Do you seriously feel the same way about any other product or asset that you own that constantly increase and decrease in value over time? If you don't, then do not pull a Karen by bothering your Tesla manager about this "issue". You were fine when you decided to purchase your Tesla for the price you paid at the time you paid. Enjoy your Tesla and move on.

So do you also think that during these past two years when Tesla jacked up the prices you should also have talked to the manager to give more money to them to make up the difference for your now cheaper Tesla? Do you seriously feel the same way about any other product or asset that you own that constantly increase and decrease in value over time? If you don't, then do not pull a Karen by bothering your Tesla manager about this "issue". You were fine when you decided to purchase your Tesla for the price you paid at the time you paid. Enjoy your Tesla and move on.
Dude, there is a clear difference here. In one case, Tesla continues to make a higher profit margin. In the other case, this basically becomes a game of a chicken for those who bought the car at the price they assumed would be relatively maintained for a while. If it went up, great, only if I wanted to sell it. BUT, since it’s basically dropped values 20k overnight, it puts us in a huge liability box. If we get into a crash that totals out our vehicles, we’re screwed, like hardcore. It makes driving the car a miserable experience, cause even with full coverage, my car is now not even fully protected and I’ll be completely underwater on an insurance payout. MSRP goes up, sales figures goes up. MSRP dumps in a single day, everyone gets burned. This is not about being a Karen, it’s about basically forcing us to drive our vehicle less in fear of any accident totally the vehicle out and forcing us to be 20k short on any loans or personal investment made into a long term purchase. After speaking with my insurance company, I can’t even get GAP since my downpayment was such a large portion. So if I get a totaled car, pretty much I will be left with roughly 25k to find a new vehicle. Burning me over $45k on a vehicle I bought 4 months ago.

Reactions: Choncho
Status
Not open for further replies.