Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Prediction for Restoration of USS Features

When do you think the park assist and other features will be restored?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we know if all four features are re-enabled in 11.3.2?
We don't, the leaks only suggests parking assist will return. That's why I'm asking to clarify your criteria in the first place.

So far I don't believe there are any videos or pictures of how the UI even looks yet for this (the usual people that do video that have 11.3.2 have USS, so they can't demo it).

So here we are, only 11 people (6.4%) got it right.

On reddit there are some tests already

So here we are, only 11 people (6.4%) got it right.

On reddit there are some tests already

Of course it would be added in a release ending "6.9". Also I just voted "March" in the poll after the fact, hindsight is wonderful! Also, it brought the total up to 6.9% voting March currently. Simulation confirmed.

• Funny
Reactions: ICE5891
Got this a minute ago, installing now!

Screenshot_20230324-071055_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: 804son
I'm disappointed to report that it worked, but not well.
  • I got some "Front camera blinded or blocked" messages even after cleaning the glass. It was drizzling slightly.
  • I got sporadic "Park Assist unavailable" messages (sometimes without the camera message).
  • It showed this (with no tones):
20230324_080354.jpg
when the car was only a foot from the side of the garage door opening:​
20230324_080306.jpg

• It usually failed the cone test. I was able to bump a traffic cone both forward and backward with no warning tones (although it showed the cone clearly on the display).
  • When it worked with the cone in front of the car, it said it was 30 inches away when it was in fact 20 inches away.
  • Backing into the garage, it told me the dryer was 21 inches away when it was in fact 34 inches away.
The worst failure was failing to produce a tone when only a foot from the side of the garage opening. That is what's needed to help my wife not hit it.

I'm disappointed to report that it worked, but not well.
  • I got some "Front camera blinded or blocked" messages even after cleaning the glass. It was drizzling slightly.
  • I got sporadic "Park Assist unavailable" messages (sometimes without the camera message).
  • It showed this (with no tones):
when the car was only a foot from the side of the garage door opening:​

• It usually failed the cone test. I was able to bump a traffic cone both forward and backward with no warning tones (although it showed the cone clearly on the display).
  • When it worked with the cone in front of the car, it said it was 30 inches away when it was in fact 20 inches away.
  • Backing into the garage, it told me the dryer was 21 inches away when it was in fact 34 inches away.
The worst failure was failing to produce a tone when only a foot from the side of the garage opening. That is what's needed to help my wife not hit it.
thanks for the test. looks like feature parity to USS is just "two weeks" away...

It is strange that it visualize the cone but doesn't consider it enough of a threat to warn you. I now wonder if the AI was trained with data from USS cars so it is reproducing also USS weaknesses.

But ok is not that the car cannot identify it, it is just don't warn it. Maybe they can still improve this scenarios.

It is strange that it visualize the cone but doesn't consider it enough of a threat to warn you. I now wonder if the AI was trained with data from USS cars so it is reproducing also USS weaknesses.

But ok is not that the car cannot identify it, it is just don't warn it. Maybe they can still improve this scenarios.
I think this is stage 1 of the update. A very basic setup can detect walls etc, my bet is stage two they will start to notify you of an object in the way. Stage three will be audio cues.
Also note for the disclaimer

IMG_4261.jpeg

Yes, if it can just beep instead of just showing the red outline, it will work for me.

I thought that perhaps it didn't think that cones were a threat, but I tried it with a blue five-gallon bucket with the same results.

Just tested it out in the garage, it's plenty good enough for me
No FSD, no EAP
Up front is a cardboard box (same height as front bumper) an inch away
On the right side are cabinets that are about 3-6 inches away
On the left side is another car about 16-18 inches away
Behind me is the garage door that's about 14 inches away
What kind of warning tones did you get?