Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I have decided to parts out my black model s p85+ after purchasing over $7000 in parts and completing the majority of repairs. Tesla refused to sell any more parts and shut off updates for the car as well as refusing any service including programing a new key fob (the original is lost)
Im located in Phoenix, Arizona.

Everything is being sold! All doors, frunk, trunk, seats, headlights, tail lights, console, dashboard, internal charger, external charger, motor and transmission assembly, air suspension, bumper covers, battery pack
Year 2012, model s, p85+, black

Damage as follows:
-both rear fenders are dented, scratched.
-passenger side mirror has scratch on plastic.

Everything else is working great and in good condition. Batteries hold a great charge, only lost 2 miles in almost 2 months (disconnected aux battery helps a lot).
The car has been stored in a warehouse since the original purchase in april of 2014, no exposure to elements!

Ill will take some general pictures and upload them over the weekend.

Send me a message with what part or parts your looking at buying and Ill get back to you with prices and detailed pictures.

I will be uploading more pictures soon. The car is 2012. manufactured 12/12. on the trunk it says P85+....

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    1,014 KB · Views: 192
  • tesla tag.jpg
    tesla tag.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 165
I will be uploading more pictures soon. The car is 2012. manufactured 12/12. on the trunk it says P85+....
Interesting. They really did not make P85+ in 2012. Not even close. It was introduced summer 2013. Only thing I can think of is someone either self-installed some of the + parts (mainly suspension), or maybe just bought the + badge.

Interesting. They really did not make P85+ in 2012. Not even close. It was introduced summer 2013. Only thing I can think of is someone either self-installed some of the + parts (mainly suspension), or maybe just bought the + badge.
Have a look at P85+ badge, specifically how the + aligns to the 5. Pretty sure Tesla doesn't do it that way. Not sure what this means, other than that the badge was goofed with after production. In light of the model year question though, it might shed some light.

The in-car display should accurately reflect the model of the car. If OP is stating the 'About' section is showing Model S 85, chances are slim it's really a P85+. This car would have needed a driveline swap to the P motor/inverter along with a suspension/subframe swap to convert it to a +.

The P85+ came with staggered tires 245/35/21's on 21x8.5's up front and 265/35/21's on 21x9's out back. They all came with the carbon fiber rear spoiler as well. This car definitely didn't leave the factory as a P85+ and it appears the previous owner just ponied up for the P and + badge.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: gabeincal
I think the + upgrade could be retrofitted to the P85's, so I'm sure there are some 2012 P85+'s around. The + badge here however downstairs inspire much confidence, sorry. As Randaddy says, the screen shows you the correct badge and model.

I also own a P85+ that isn't really a +. The prior owner just added the +. I bought it as a CPO and even Tesla didn't notice the that the badge was not right. At delivery I told the DS and he immediately ran into the car, looked at the touch screen and went to the car section, which indicated that it was only a P85.

I also own a P85+ that isn't really a +. The prior owner just added the +. I bought it as a CPO and even Tesla didn't notice the that the badge was not right. At delivery I told the DS and he immediately ran into the car, looked at the touch screen and went to the car section, which indicated that it was only a P85.

Curious how this would happen, I hope they adjusted the price accordingly. Usually people looking to buy a CPO P85+ have a pretty good reason for doing so, personally I would have walked away if what I assumed was a P85+ turned out to be a P85.

Yours could have been a post delivery retrofit. Does it have the CF spoiler and 265 series tires in the rear? The owner has to call in to Tesla service for them to push an updated image to the car to show the +, my friend bought a retrofitted P85+ and had to do this.

So I was trying to make some corrections to my original post and title but cant seem to find an edit button anywhere. read a bit and apparently new users/low post cant edit....??
Tomorrow I will be going to the warehouse, I will bring my camera and take lots of pictures so everyone can see exactly what condition the parts are in.

Reactions: KJD

Yours could still be a real +. I bought my P85+ as an inventory car. It is a real +, has all the parts, but the dash said P85. I took it to service for some other reasons and mentioned the lack of a +. First they said all P85+ said P85 on the dash. Told him the P85+ loaner I had just driven that same day said P85+... He called HQ and they fixed my car via an over-the-air update.

That's a sad story.
If you're abandoning your project due to the lack of updates there are "after market" programmers that can cover that need.
I don't know names or addresses but I know that they're out there.
Good luck.

Hello everyone,

I have decided to parts out my black model s p85+ after purchasing over $7000 in parts and completing the majority of repairs. Tesla refused to sell any more parts and shut off updates for the car as well as refusing any service including programing a new key fob (the original is lost)
Im located in Phoenix, Arizona.

Everything is being sold! All doors, frunk, trunk, seats, headlights, tail lights, console, dashboard, internal charger, external charger, motor and transmission assembly, air suspension, bumper covers, battery pack
Year 2012, model s, p85+, black

Damage as follows:
-both rear fenders are dented, scratched.
-passenger side mirror has scratch on plastic.

Everything else is working great and in good condition. Batteries hold a great charge, only lost 2 miles in almost 2 months (disconnected aux battery helps a lot).
The car has been stored in a warehouse since the original purchase in april of 2014, no exposure to elements!

Ill will take some general pictures and upload them over the weekend.

Send me a message with what part or parts your looking at buying and Ill get back to you with prices and detailed pictures.

I have a rebuilt 2013 P85 in Phoenix and can either help you get yours running or buy it whole.

Please see my PM with phone number or reply here. I hate to see a car so close to running be destroyed for parts.

The TMC community is here to help you so please don't start hacking it up just yet.

Jim