Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.32 9ea02cb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed only two things with my HW 1 Model S with this update.
When you push the Tesla "T" the Easter Egg drawer opens automatically.
When you charge the car the Driver Display shuts off eventually. Before it would stay on indefinitely.

My driver display seems to randomly decide to stay on or shut off during charging when the car is unoccupied. I think it may be tied to opening/closing the driver door or manually setting the alarm. On the one hand, I like seeing the charge status when I walk by, but on the other, I worry about shortening the life of the backlight. I just received 2017.32.6 ca28227 today, so I will have to see if it acts any differently.

Seems like another version is out according to ev-fw? 17.32.6.ca28227 ... any reports?

Got this today when I had my car the service center and installed it just now after I got back home. Had 17.28.c528869 prior to this but haven't had time to go on a drive yet to see if it behaves differently. With 17.28 my MS90D AP2 would suddenly brake for cars in the next one, very annoying. The release notes are the same as before, just mention auto display brightness and minor fixes/improvements.

I haven't had a chance to read through this whole thread, but for the next week or so, the auto-API updating of EV-FW has been turned off. I'm trying to improve the system to better deal with these new random build IDs, and do a better job of detecting the updates and builds from the API, but it's turning into a total re-write, and I have a lot more pressing work to do this week. Stay tuned.

My driver display seems to randomly decide to stay on or shut off during charging when the car is unoccupied. I think it may be tied to opening/closing the driver door or manually setting the alarm. On the one hand, I like seeing the charge status when I walk by, but on the other, I worry about shortening the life of the backlight. I just received 2017.32.6 ca28227 today, so I will have to see if it acts any differently.
I am curious if you notice a change.

I am curious if you notice a change.

Just did some testing with it. The 17" screen seems to always blank out as soon as all doors close with an empty cabin. The instrument cluster stays lit until one of three things happen after all doors closed with an empty cabin: The key is far enough away to set the alarm, the alarm is set manually, or some timer expires without the alarm being set. I'm not sure how long that timer is, but when I push on the door handle, the instrument cluster wakes back up before even opening the door. I also noted that there is a timer running even when you are in the car with the key and charging. I was sitting in my garage charging from ~60% to 90% with the doors closed listening to the radio and enjoying the A/C and fooling with my phone when after about an hour, everything went to sleep. I was surprised since that had never happened to me before, but maybe I've never sat in it that long without touching anything. Hope this helps.

I noticed today with my 17.32.9ea02cb update that my HW 1 Model S detected a bicyclist and showed it as a bicyclist.
That's been there for quite a while now... We have a lot of cyclists around here and I've noticed that it detects and displays them at least since last fall. However, I've never noticed it actually try to veer towards the left to avoid them, which I wish it could. I'm sure AP2 will, as it has move field of view to determine if veering to the left is safe.

Received 2017.32.6 ca28227 yesterday on AP1 2016 Refresh MS. BUT when I went to add it to EV-FW, it didn't recognize my PIN and sent me a new one to here (my TMC account).
Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to figure out how to see any message sent to me... Can anyone help my ignorance?

Received 2017.32.6 ca28227 yesterday on AP1 2016 Refresh MS. BUT when I went to add it to EV-FW, it didn't recognize my PIN and sent me a new one to here (my TMC account).
Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to figure out how to see any message sent to me... Can anyone help my ignorance?
Hello John from Ohio!

If you scroll to the top of this page, at the top right, you'll see four icons (pictured below). Click on the second icon, and it will take you to your messages section of this site.

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 12.29.02 PM.png

Hello John from Ohio!

If you scroll to the top of this page, at the top right, you'll see four icons (pictured below). Click on the second icon, and it will take you to your messages section of this site.

View attachment 243456
Thanks Johhny,
But my ignorance goes much deeper than the simple....
I used a different Username in EV-FW than TMC. sigh, there are no limits to the errant boundaries science and technology can take the fertile mind of clever men. I'll have to reset and start over.

Thanks Johhny,
But my ignorance goes much deeper than the simple....
I used a different Username in EV-FW than TMC. sigh, there are no limits to the errant boundaries science and technology can take the fertile mind of clever men. I'll have to reset and start over.

You need to contact me, so I can sync up the names on both sites. One requirement of EV-FW is that you use the same handle. Please send me a PM here: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/conversations/add

A lot of people seem to be having problems with PIN reset/recovery on EV-FW.com and the recovery messages which are sent to TMC.

I've now added the ability to add your email address to your EV-FW account. See the link at the top of the home page.

https://ev-fw.com/addemail.php

Once you've added a recovery email address, all PIN reset/recovery notices will be sent via email instead of TMC message.

Of course, you need to be logged in first before setting your email address. But once set, the recovery messages will have a better chance of reaching you. Due to posting limitations on TMC, not all recovery notices are sent out.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: torvalstrom