Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.32 9ea02cb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I reported in another recent software upgrade thread, unfortunately Tesla is in fact making real changes to the AP1 code and not in a good way recently. Basically what I shared in my post, is that my AP1 now feels more erratic like the AP2 with the latest releases. A real shame, as my AP1 was real steady and feeling much more "confident" up until then. Now it feels more like a nervous kid on his first drive.

• Informative
Reactions: appleguru
Seems like not a lot of AP2 driving impressions yet. Either not a lot of installs, or nothing interesting to report. Would’ve expected the return of two-cars-ahead to lead to improved stop and go distance regulation or maybe increased unwanted slowdowns.

Some part of me (maybe the hopelessly optimistic part) still wonders if this is not actually the next AP2 update and something much nicer is around the corner, not unlike the initial “silky smooth” 17.24 releases.

Seems like not a lot of AP2 driving impressions yet. Either not a lot of installs, or nothing interesting to report. Would’ve expected the return of two-cars-ahead to lead to improved stop and go distance regulation or maybe increased unwanted slowdowns.

Some part of me (maybe the hopelessly optimistic part) still wonders if this is not actually the next AP2 update and something much nicer is around the corner, not unlike the initial “silky smooth” 17.24 releases.

I just drove another 50+ miles on it. It's markedly better for me than any of the priors. I was happy with the last version (.28 cwhatever) even though it gave me some weird quirks... but this one seems as solid as I've ever seen it. I definitely noticed that it is responding to car in front of the one in front much better (if it even was before) as I saw the car ahead hit the brakes but the car in front of me didn't... and the Tesla did respond accordingly.

Overall it just seems more solid of an Autopilot. No complaints thus far.

My car was updated to the latest firmware while getting service (a rattle). When I got it back AP wasn't working. About 80 miles after getting the update, it started to work again. Maybe it was was recalibrating... I wonder if others got that issue.

That's very common if the windshield, camera, or anything surrounding the autopilot system is touched. It takes time to recalibrate - usually around 50 miles or so. Mine did it also the other day.

Reactions: polymathic
What version are U on? We have been getting updates every 2-3 weeks?
I think he more means the substantial functionality aspect. Arguably everything from 17.24 to 17.32 has been a long 8-week continuation of “silky smooth” and perpendicular autopark.

Nothing wrong with that. Would love to get that release, but still, you could say Elon oversold the initial statement about feature velocity taking off and new functionality every 4-6 weeks.

I thought we were getting updates every 4-6 weeks :rolleyes: been about 2 months.

i might be reading into this too much. to me, it seems tesla is doing agile releases with 3 week cadence. meaning, they provide software releases to customers which contain the following. Most of the time, tesla updates release to customers state we fixed a bug (e.g. not everyone is silky smooth). Then there are silky smooth, auto high beams, auto wipers during rain :) (i.e. features which add new functionality or a rework of existing functionality in product operation). finally, they could deliver update that says fsd fully enabled (i.e. EPIC - huge feature). its not consistent but it seems that every quarter, there is 1 or 2 releases which deliver new features and 2-4 releases which contain bug fixes.

Yas! I now have auto headlights on my 2017 MS AP2 90D!!!
I just picked up my car from the Geneva SvC and they loaded the latest firmware (9ea02cb) and I can confirm 100% that I have auto headlights.
On the downside, auto lane change has stopped working. I'm sure that will be resolved though.
20170821_182023.jpg
20170821_175310.jpg

Weird... Mine's also an AP2 MS 90D and the auto lane change works even better than with the previous firmware (2017.28.cxxxxxx). Maybe it's a calibration issue or maybe a reboot would help?
Yeah, the car had a lot of warranty work so I would expect it's related to that. They actually replaced the main screen along with the main computer to solve a poor RF shielding issue. EAP seemed to work but I wouldn't be surprised if some calibration is needed and things will get back to normal soon.
I'll shout if it doesn't get resolved soon.

Quick update: I had the Ranger come to my house today and he manually installed the internal maps that had failed during the SvC visit. I can confirm that the auto lane change now works normally. It appears that the auto lane change relies on the internal map to know if a road is suitable for a lane change (it will not 'lane change' into oncoming traffic on a minor road for safety reasons).
It's nice to see the safety feature that if it's not sure you're on a motorway, it doesn't allow the feature to work. Nice job Tesla!

I feel that the lane change was a bit more like it was in 17.26.76. It is smooth to start with then gets most of the lane change done then it straightens out too early and has to do a lurch to get into the middle of the new lane. Let's see if it needs to calibrate for a few days to iron that out.
The Ranger implied that it may be caused by cancelling the indicator stalk before the 'last' pair of wheels have crossed the dotted line into the new lane. I think he may be right so will test this theory tomorrow.

Photo attached of his sweet ride. 100% professional from top to bottom!

Attachments

• 20170822_135651.jpg
    20170822_135651.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Informative
Reactions: J1mbo and Doctt