Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
received this update notice about 20 minutes ago!!!

"Software version 2017.44 02fdc86 was just detected on a Tesla model XP90D with Autopilot hardware. The highest previous version was 2017.42.1 94435ee. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com"

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Looks like it went to a AP1 car. Nonetheless, curious what this one brings — Tesla has been on that 2 week cadence like clockwork.
Well I would not exactly say like clockwork but pretty good.
lHwcE4n.jpg

Last edited:
Is this like Netflix and chill? ;) so tesla and chill? It has a nice ring to it. I saw the release notes on reddit. I could see a time when That is needed . But I’ll take 0-60 in 1 sec too....that would be extend launch mode?

Is this like Netflix and chill? ;) so tesla and chill? It has a nice ring to it. I saw the release notes on reddit. I could see a time when That is needed . But I’ll take 0-60 in 1 sec too....that would be extend launch mode?

If I had to guess it'll just modify the torque curve. I imagine full throttle will still be full throttle but you never know.

if this is the case i would probably always drive in chill mode to have the most "eco" driving experience that's smoother and uses less energy.

Chill might be the default mode on base model cars. More efficient, therefore better EPA range. </cynic>

But seriously, this is a very good thing for people who're not buying a Tesla for performance (like me) or wouldn't be used to a car that quick (like me).

Of course, if it's just a throttle position mapping change, you could also call it "Stomp" mode.

EDIT: Oh, damn. I don't want lag, I want reduced acceleration!

I didnt cover the Chill Acceleration but did a quick video for the Easy Entry. The Chill Acceleration is for kids or people who dont want the instant torque...it delays the acceleration similar to turbo lag, and gradually gets up to speed. Its for all models not just performance models, but its an option no the default setting.

like driving an old S75? :D

Chill might be the default mode on base model cars. More efficient, therefore better EPA range. </cynic>

But seriously, this is a very good thing for people who're not buying a Tesla for performance (like me) or wouldn't be used to a car that quick (like me).

Of course, if it's just a throttle position mapping change, you could also call it "Stomp" mode.

EDIT: Oh, damn. I don't want lag, I want reduced acceleration!
i would have never got a P90D MX execpt for the fact that it was a demo and the lease cost was the same as an S75D that i was thinking about getting new...so yeah i can use insane if i need to pass or something but chill sounds like my new go-to when i get this update. :)

Actually I've never driven an S75 but have driven a S60 and simulated a S75 in Faster models....but even an S60 has instant torque and thats what Chill affects via the accelerator mapping.
i see a huge benefit for winter driving and that's probably partly where the name came from as they didn't want the generic "snow" mode...

i see a huge benefit for winter driving and that's probably partly where the name came from as they didn't want the generic "snow" mode...
My thoughts too. Perfect for winter driving if you want least amount of tire wear (especially for studded tyres where the studs tend do disappear on these Tesla rather quick if you're not disciplined).

On the summer on the other hand.. let's just say I still need another 50 years until I'm THAT old. Always full torque here :).

• Funny
Reactions: Peteybabes