Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.26 3bbd9fd .-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The nagging is REALLY annoying and almost making AP not worth it...almost.

Road tripped yesterday - had hand on the wheel entire time, nagging even kicked in when I was using the blinker to change lanes in AP - which is hilarious to me - does it not realize that I actually have my hands functioning on the wheel?

It did it to me when I was using the scroll wheels even...

There has to be a better way - the “pressure” requirement may as well be go ahead and steer as it takes a good amount...

I'm afraid we have to have the nag for a while. I don't mind the solution where an internal camera tracks your eyes to ensure driver is looking at road and/or not distracted by phone use, etc. I have a client that creates that software for large truck companies. If they don't enable it with the 2.5 hardware, then perhaps future AP versions (if Tesla survives) will remove the steering wheel pressure nag. Exciting times ahead.

On this version, I couldn't feel any difference on the nag time during AP and maybe it's because we're all slowly trained better by the 2018.21.9 NagGate :)

One thing broken seems to be the WiFi, as it becomes much slower, ranging 200kbps~400kbps and streaming music in Slacker is slow and gets paused randomly. Multiple and kinds of reboots didn't help. LTE is normal as before. So I remove the car's WiFi access point for this version. Good luck to us all.

My release notes stated only minor improvements and bug fixes.

It added the new maps where names stay horizontal and the water is grey when not in satellite view. Was coming from 2018.18.2 to 2018.26. Between those two versions I got the "Navigation Beta" which changed the IC map behavior (which I like).

And apparently the camera in the Model 3 isn't for that either: Soooo... the selfie camera isn't for eye tracking? Then what is it for?
In Tesla's grand and slightly fanciful vision, your Model 3s will be put into a car pool where the car drives itself and others can hail it like a taxi. The cam is there much like cams exist for a taxi under those circumstances. All sounds good in principle but I'm not sure what millenium they're aiming for that vision to be realised.

Initial impressions on 2018.26:

Agree with others on the smoother braking and distance regulation, especially in situations where you engage TACC while pulling up to a stopped car.

No noticeable difference on the Autosteer side. No change to nag interval either.

Other little things: seems like mcu1 vector map panning is slightly smoother. Not a huge change.

Not a lot to write home about. The distance regulation smoothness is a welcome fix but a minor thing.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
In Tesla's grand and slightly fanciful vision, your Model 3s will be put into a car pool where the car drives itself and others can hail it like a taxi. The cam is there much like cams exist for a taxi under those circumstances. All sounds good in principle but I'm not sure what millenium they're aiming for that vision to be realised.

Or S or X or even Y.. Yes it is part of the second master plan.

I just test drove my AP2 Model S after this update and AS lane centering seems to be much more sensitive. This is especially noticeable on the interstate at faster speeds where you can feel the side motion of the car as it constantly makes small corrections to keep the car exactly centered in its lane. No other vehicles around me or anything else the car could be reacting to. Changing the steering control from comfort to sport made no difference. I haven't seen anyone else mention this so I'm wondering if there could be something else responsible, although I can't imagine what. Anyone notice anything like this?

I was having vector map tile loading issues all day today, but we're still on 2018.24.1, so I wonder if there was a server issue that made loading the tiles problematic? If I zoomed way out it seemed OK, but zooming in caused it to display a vast emptiness. Satellite view was fine, it was only the vector tiles on the MCU.

I had this, but I rebooting my main screen to resolve.

I just test drove my AP2 Model S after this update and AS lane centering seems to be much more sensitive. This is especially noticeable on the interstate at faster speeds where you can feel the side motion of the car as it constantly makes small corrections to keep the car exactly centered in its lane. No other vehicles around me or anything else the car could be reacting to. Changing the steering control from comfort to sport made no difference. I haven't seen anyone else mention this so I'm wondering if there could be something else responsible, although I can't imagine what. Anyone notice anything like this?
Can't say that I have. It's still close to edges on corners at times and occasionally drives over the cats eyes as well in tighter curves for me.

So I didn’t drive my X for a month. It seems like I’m missing this update. How can I get my model X to push the update without going to the service center?

The only thing you can do personally to influence this is to make sure your car is connected to wifi. But that just enables a sooner download of the update once your car is selected. Apart from harassing your service center, there is nothing you can do to select your car for the update.

The .26 release is still not a full rollout, so it's not abnormal and not your fault to be on an earlier update still.