Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I can agree that the first statement could be true, I can confirm that the second one is absolutely correct.

So why disagree with my post then? I'm sure they roll out EAP firmware the same way they do regular firmware: not everyone gets every update. Do you have any reason to actually think that 20.0.1 was given to non-EAP folks?

When I open the menu in my Model 3 and click software at the bottom it’s telling me there’s an update available “please connect to WiFi to download the software update”

It’s been like this since like Wednesday/Thursday.
I’ve reset my car. I've connected to WiFi. Deleted and re-added my WiFi network. Connected to WiFi hotspot. Kept climate on for a few hours to keep my car awake. No matter what I can’t get it to download.

Anyone know a fix or have this happen? My car is parked in my garage and has gotten numerous updates before no problem.

You’ve presented a possibility as a fact. No offense.

A possibility of what? Here's what I'm stating as facts:
1. Enhanced Summon is an Early Access only feature, currently. Hopefully we can agree on that.
2. 2019.20.0.1 12619b8 is an Early Access only release and contains Enhanced Summon
3. We know this because the guy posted on Twitter and YouTube demoing Enhanced Summon and showing off his version on his Tesla app
4. TeslaFi users have reported 2019.20.0.1, 2019.20, and 2019.20.1. There is only one variant of each, that we know of.
5. 2019.20.1 is confirmed to just be Dog Mode improvements and some other stuff (250kW charging? unclear). No Enhanced Summon

What am I presenting as a possibility here? There's no secrets in 20.1, it's just a regular incremental update.

I tried via the app and they told me they don't want people to contact them for updates and told me to wait. I don't understand why it's an option but they don't want you to use it.

My car always updates pretty promptly but wasn't for some reason, stuck on 12 like you. I drove by the service center and parked up front in range of the wifi. It took 15 minutes to get the download. I got 16.3.2 last Friday and 20.1 today.

Reactions: goldengate
When I open the menu in my Model 3 and click software at the bottom it’s telling me there’s an update available “please connect to WiFi to download the software update”

It’s been like this since like Wednesday/Thursday.
I’ve reset my car. I've connected to WiFi. Deleted and re-added my WiFi network. Connected to WiFi hotspot. Kept climate on for a few hours to keep my car awake. No matter what I can’t get it to download.

Anyone know a fix or have this happen? My car is parked in my garage and has gotten numerous updates before no problem.

Try from the app to initiate?

I might need to do this.

I'd seen people report that being on SC wifi might help get updates but was skeptical. Yesterday I had to get a tire replaced and was at the SC for about 15 minutes and got a notice on the phone that I had an update. Turned out to be 2019.16.3.2. Maybe I would have gotten it that afternoon if I'd been at home but it certainly might actually be related to going to the SC.