TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by notAnExpert, Jun 7, 2019.

1. NIGHTHAWK017

NIGHTHAWK017 Member

It’s telling there’s an update ready to download in my car with a progress bar beneath it. So it’s not ready to install cause it won’t even start the download.

2. DJung

DJung Member

How strong is your WiFi signal? I've heard from various people that it won't start a firmware download with 2 bars or less.

3. GuyDude

GuyDude Member

You can see cabin temp in the app

4. David L

David L Member

I got 20.1 yesterday evening and drove with NoAP on the way to work this morning. I had the chance to perform one auto lane change and was pleasantly surprised at what seemed to be a faster lane change, although it could just be in my head. :rolleyes: I'm not referring to the delay from when I push the turn stalk to when the change starts; the delay was about the same as 16.2. I'm referring to a greater angle of departure from the initial lane.

5. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

did the car slow down by 1 or 2mph to make the change? that irks me to no end in earlier versions. shouldn't decelerate to change a lane.

• Like x 5
    • Love x 1
  6. ibGeek

ibGeek Member

Make sure your car is in park and Sentry Mode is turned off then try to start the upgrade again. If that doesn't work then try rebooting your car and then try.

7. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Interesting. I'm on .20.1 and have never seen more dancing cars than this version!

8. BrandonLive

BrandonLive P3D+, Blue on white

Huh? What are you even talking about?

9. Hanscu

Hanscu New Member

Received also 2019.20.1. Vinxxx161 --> LR/DE/AAP
    strange thing:
    before 2019.8.x the car was much faster > 255 KMP/U after update 233 KMpU. overall much slower after battery range is < 120km/u

10. Deslah

Deslah Member

I had the same for about 36 hours. I then went into my router and took a look at things. I had assigned my Model 3 a fixed IP address. Switched it to dynamic IP address and rebooted my router. About an hour later, the software update was available. Could've all just been a coincidence, but who knows...

11. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

Stop playing bluegrass on the radio :rolleyes:

Yes, same here. Cars dancing like square dancers on a Saturday night.

• Funny x 1
  12. MountainRatMat

I have experienced the opposite starting somewhere around version 2019.16. I'm on 2019.20.1 now and feel like the car speeds up when changing lanes. I would imagine it is dependent on surrounding traffic that the car is seeing though.

13. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

I feel like there car still tends to brake automatically before lane changes. Maybe a little less now, but still not accelerating into a lane change like I would

• Like x 1
  14. David L

David L Member

Before 20.1, my car only braked for some lane changes, so I'm not sure if I've reproduced those scenarios on 20.1. I've done a few more lane changes and the angle of departure seemed to be greater (i.e. faster lane change) on all of them. I also didn't experience any unnecessary braking and there seems to be less hesitation. So far, 20.1 has been a good, bug free release in my day of use.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. ModelNforNerd

I hope I have the same experience. Still stuck on 16.2

16. mtndrew1

mtndrew1 Member

My experience on this firmware over the last week is that the dancing cars are very infrequent now, lane changes are graceful and rock solid, and traffic cut-ins are handled smoothly instead of jamming on the brakes.

My AC compressor seems to be running at a different speed though that induces vibration in the floor pan. Not a deal breaker, but irritating.

17. ModelNforNerd

I've noticed that on 16.2. Maybe it was a software thing, maybe it's just because weather around here is finally warm enough for the AC to matter. Tough to say which it is.

18. chibi_kurochan

Yes, you need at least 3 bars or more for firmware update to download.

19. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Active Member

I can tell you 2019.20.0.1 is definitely an EAP release. Don't want to break confidentiality, but I can say I have seen a written statement from Tesla stating exactly that ;)

• Love x 1
  20. MacGreiner

It looks as though the 20.1 rollout tap has been turned off.