Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 20.1 yesterday evening and drove with NoAP on the way to work this morning. I had the chance to perform one auto lane change and was pleasantly surprised at what seemed to be a faster lane change, although it could just be in my head. :rolleyes: I'm not referring to the delay from when I push the turn stalk to when the change starts; the delay was about the same as 16.2. I'm referring to a greater angle of departure from the initial lane.

I got 20.1 yesterday evening and drove with NoAP on the way to work this morning. I had the chance to perform one auto lane change and was pleasantly surprised at what seemed to be a faster lane change, although it could just be in my head. :rolleyes: I'm not referring to the delay from when I push the turn stalk to when the change starts; the delay was about the same as 16.2. I'm referring to a greater angle of departure from the initial lane.

did the car slow down by 1 or 2mph to make the change? that irks me to no end in earlier versions. shouldn't decelerate to change a lane.

It’s telling there’s an update ready to download in my car with a progress bar beneath it. So it’s not ready to install cause it won’t even start the download.
I had the same for about 36 hours. I then went into my router and took a look at things. I had assigned my Model 3 a fixed IP address. Switched it to dynamic IP address and rebooted my router. About an hour later, the software update was available. Could've all just been a coincidence, but who knows...

did the car slow down by 1 or 2mph to make the change? that irks me to no end in earlier versions. shouldn't decelerate to change a lane.
I have experienced the opposite starting somewhere around version 2019.16. I'm on 2019.20.1 now and feel like the car speeds up when changing lanes. I would imagine it is dependent on surrounding traffic that the car is seeing though.

Before 20.1, my car only braked for some lane changes, so I'm not sure if I've reproduced those scenarios on 20.1. I've done a few more lane changes and the angle of departure seemed to be greater (i.e. faster lane change) on all of them. I also didn't experience any unnecessary braking and there seems to be less hesitation. So far, 20.1 has been a good, bug free release in my day of use.

Before 20.1, my car only braked for some lane changes, so I'm not sure if I've reproduced those scenarios on 20.1. I've done a few more lane changes and the angle of departure seemed to be greater (i.e. faster lane change) on all of them. I also didn't experience any unnecessary braking and there seems to be less hesitation. So far, 20.1 has been a good, bug free release in my day of use.

I hope I have the same experience. Still stuck on 16.2

My experience on this firmware over the last week is that the dancing cars are very infrequent now, lane changes are graceful and rock solid, and traffic cut-ins are handled smoothly instead of jamming on the brakes.

My AC compressor seems to be running at a different speed though that induces vibration in the floor pan. Not a deal breaker, but irritating.