Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And 2020.4.1 overtaking 2020.4 but 2020.4.x still under 3% of TeslaFi fleet so a very minor release so far.

At face value, this release offers nothing over and above 2019.40.50.x, yet many of the updates are coming from that version. I had thought that maybe it was filling in the gaps of some hardware configurations, but Model 3 HW3 are featuring highly on the cars that it is rolling out to.

Reports elsewhere that 2020.8 will be the next significant release fit in with the above observations.

I'm still on 2019.31.104

Just make sure it's parked in wifi range overnight and it'll update eventually.

If you can't regularly connect to wifi, from v10 (2019.36.x) on, you get a notification that update is available even if not on wifi. You still need to connect to wifi to download it though, but at least you are not left in state of fomo.

I got my M3P on Monday and I'm still on 2019.31.104, anyway to get this updated without having to visit the service centre?

Either you can wait for "nature to take its course" or you can use the app to book a service visit. The word is that your appointment will then be cancelled and someone will initiate the update for your car (they don't want you coming in when it can be done remotely). Make sure the car has a working WiFi connection.

Once you are on a more recent software version you will get update notifications in the app whether or not you are connected to WiFi (but will need to be on WiFi to actually download them). On your present version you probably won't even get a notification unless you are connected by WiFi.

So my M3 updated last night as I set it to do so about 10 pm but was showing the "Updating finishing" screen with the update progress bar almost at the end when I got into the car this morning. It must have been stuck in this mode all night.

Soft reset did not work, the screen remained black. Hard reset got it to reboot. I got the message that the update had failed and that I should wait for a new update. However, checking the software version showed 2020.4.1. Wanted to share my experience in case anyone else found themselves in the same position.

Reactions: Roy W.
Either you can wait for "nature to take its course" or you can use the app to book a service visit. The word is that your appointment will then be cancelled and someone will initiate the update for your car (they don't want you coming in when it can be done remotely). Make sure the car has a working WiFi connection.

Once you are on a more recent software version you will get update notifications in the app whether or not you are connected to WiFi (but will need to be on WiFi to actually download them). On your present version you probably won't even get a notification unless you are connected by WiFi.
I can testify that that does work. They responded within a few hours and I had the update before the end of the day.
I did give it 2 weeks though rather than 4 days before doing it. but go for it if you feel the need.
I doubt you will go straight to the latest version though. there will be intermediate must have versions but after the first kick you should get them in a more timely fashion automatically

There other possible change, for those with EAP/FSD and a bit of nerve, is when NoA exits a motorway with a flare (single to 2 lane), does it still lurch across to the right lane, or does it now keep to the left lane? That would be a major improvement if it handles that gracefully.