Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MORE COSMOS NEWS

The GLOVIS COSMOS will now dock in the Western Docks on the 11th.
This is much easier to observe....

Meet at IKEA bring tartan thermos, binoculars and notebook.

So close I cant wait! If its docking in Southampton I guess they just load up transporters straight to delivery centres? I'm really hoping 13/14th Feb for delivery (Fingers crossed!) :)

MORE COSMOS NEWS

The GLOVIS COSMOS will now dock in the Western Docks on the 11th.
This is much easier to observe....
Thanks Mr Miserable, great thread.
Can it be estimated how many will be offloaded at Zeebrugge and Southampton from the time spent in port?
If it took 4 days to load does them mean it's probably going somewhere else in Europe after Southhampton ?

Also a few days ago I noticed as vessel carrier from US to Southhampton called HOEGH TRADER. Is it possible that go some Tesla cargo ? It's handled by WAINWRIGHT BROS too

Thanks Mr Miserable, great thread.
Can it be estimated how many will be offloaded at Zeebrugge and Southampton from the time spent in port?
If it took 4 days to load does them mean it's probably going somewhere else in Europe after Southhampton ?

Also a few days ago I noticed as vessel carrier from US to Southhampton called HOEGH TRADER. Is it possible that go some Tesla cargo ? It's handled by WAINWRIGHT BROS too

Unloading/loading time is dependent on lots of factors and chief amongst them is labour. How many drivers? How far away do they have to drive to be parked up? All I can say is that the COSMOS is not in Zeebrugge long enough for a full unload. That was correct because we now know that its coming to Southampton. How long in Southampton? It's due to depart at 22:00 on the 11th to Bremerhaven. How many cars is that? I haven't a clue.

The HOEGH TRADER went from New York. If Tesla use an east coast port they use Philadelphia. Additionally, in order to get the cars to the east coast they use transporters which tend to get spotted, photographed and reported on - and that hasn't happened.

Have just called Tesla.
I ordered back in sept, but as my current lease goes back in March, asked for the car to be delivered in February. im leasing.

Anyway, they reckon I have a VIN assigned, but won’t get the car till mid March. Apparently the next boat due doesn’t have any performance versions, so anyone waiting for one, will be waiting till March.

I've heard a rumour (twice now) that after the March deliveries there will be nothing until June!

I was told today that there is a higher allocation to the UK due to registration and BIK, so here's hoping the run until the end of March is a good one!

Has it been the case previously that they have delivered any cars after the last day of the month, even if only for a few days?

VIN Confirmed.
Ordered an M3 LR AWD White with Black Interior 19th Dec 2019 through Leaseplan - Tesla just confirmed and emailed me my VIN and said my car is on the Grand Mark - Delivery will be March! :) Nothing from Leaseplan yet!

Have just called Tesla.
I ordered back in sept, but as my current lease goes back in March, asked for the car to be delivered in February. im leasing.

Anyway, they reckon I have a VIN assigned, but won’t get the car till mid March. Apparently the next boat due doesn’t have any performance versions, so anyone waiting for one, will be waiting till March.

Seems consistent with what I'm being told....

Why is communication from Tesla so inconsistent!?! No information for me despite having had a hidden VIN for 2 weeks.

I called Chris Olds at Tesla Bristol. He has always been very helpful. Leaseplan never seem to know anything. Haven't received any texts just had the VIN confirmed and emailed over to me following my call to Tesla. Give them a call they can check against your RN number

Reactions: Gatsojon
I was told today that there is a higher allocation to the UK due to registration and BIK, so here's hoping the run until the end of March is a good one!

Has it been the case previously that they have delivered any cars after the last day of the month, even if only for a few days?

An interesting question.
Previously, there has been a mad rush to get everything they possibly can delivered by the end of the quarter - it makes the quarterly figures so much prettier. I don't see that changing, there will still be a push to achieve quarterly targets however they may oversupply especially if no further cars are going to be arriving until June. Other manufacturers move the oversupply on to leasing companies but so far we haven't seen Tesla do that.
If at the end of this month/early March there are some leasing bargains to be had .....