Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was of the opinion that we would see 7 ships this quarter. We may squeeze 8 in. Quite an achievement if that happens.

Rumour is that unless it's delivered in March, that will be it until June.

I’m kind of in limbo. I’d obviously love March, but June is perfect too. My current lease ends in May so either way it’s no carless for a month or pay early termination. Hopefully my model 3 is already on a ship/waiting to load. I’ll still be watching closely

Some questions if I may.. I'm ordering on lease so don't have access to any hidden or visible VIN information and am unable to call Tesla as have no RN....

- when do we get car matched - is it when the ship enters or leaves the Panama Canal?
- where typically is the ship when you get the first Tesla communication - i.e. text/email advising of approx delivery time frame?
- and where typically is the ship when you get confirmation of delivery slot?

Thanks in advance - this will help make my ship watching more informative!

Reactions: Vadervonham
I'm led to believe the 'gap' is due to the way the factories churn out cars for different areas. They'll do a quarter for EU/Asia, then a quarter for US etc. Any truth to this?

No.
I don't know the reason for the rumoured forthcoming May gap.
Jan, April, July, & Oct gaps are explained earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
Some questions if I may.. I'm ordering on lease so don't have access to any hidden or visible VIN information and am unable to call Tesla as have no RN....

- when do we get car matched - is it when the ship enters or leaves the Panama Canal?
- where typically is the ship when you get the first Tesla communication - i.e. text/email advising of approx delivery time frame?
- and where typically is the ship when you get confirmation of delivery slot?

Thanks in advance - this will help make my ship watching more informative!

I may be corrected on my answers to this - but from what I've seen in these forums it seems to be as follows.

It seemed that shipments prior to these 2020 ones, you used to get VIN matched shortly after the Ship entered the canal. But now its seems that people are being VIN matched as the boats leave port in SF and for a day or so after.

I think you get 'the text' as the ship approaches europe, for instance the challenge texts will be coming in imminently, by the sounds of it some Irish customers are already getting theirs, and that ship is due into Zee in 3 days.

By the looks of it about a week after that text, people start receiving delivery dates

Hope this helps - and hope I'm vaguely accurate. Obviously there are no hard and fast rules!

So if I'm interpreting all of this correctly, being told an early to mid march collection therefore means I should be watching the GLOVIS CHALLENGE, GARND MARK and BROOKLANDS as arrival of these will each result in cars being available for collection approx 1st March to 14th March.

Still none the wiser, it would be interesting to see when anyone with a M3P with an order date around start of November gets any more info on dates, as this will enable tracking of the right ship for these variants!

So if I'm interpreting all of this correctly, being told an early to mid march collection therefore means I should be watching the GLOVIS CHALLENGE, GARND MARK and BROOKLANDS as arrival of these will each result in cars being available for collection approx 1st March to 14th March.

Still none the wiser, it would be interesting to see when anyone with a M3P with an order date around start of November gets any more info on dates, as this will enable tracking of the right ship for these variants!

I will let you know when I get the text from Tesla. I’m VIN matched for my M3P ordered on 24/10. I have called Tesla today and been told they are waiting on logistics to tell the delivery team which ship it’s on, they did say that it will be early March which is what my lease company are saying.

Ordered SR+ White/Black Jan 24th, received hidden VIN today (whoop whoop, ikr). Respect to all the legends posting updates and the like here, I'm just hovering and trying to understand it all ;)

Just got my vin assigned too! Collecting from Edinburgh.

Still got an estimated delivery date of '-' though but at least that's confirmation my order is still valid.

So given the VIN has been allocated in the last 2-3 hours, what ship is it likely to be on?

It looks like the planned ETA has been updated to 23:00 this evening.

Attachments

• A4BD3B1E-3C3D-479B-BB75-62B06D1F9ECB.png
    A4BD3B1E-3C3D-479B-BB75-62B06D1F9ECB.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 51