Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really enjoyed that competition. Thanks for doing this.
Would you be able to post a graphical form of the results including the grid. Maybe the individual entries.
I could do that but I don't want to walk your side of the street. My graphics skills are also somewhat deficient.

Attachments

• Glovis Sun Entries.pdf
    984.1 KB · Views: 56
I have spent some time today trying to identify the next ship to Europe after GLOVIS SPLENDOR.
Last week I mentioned that GLOVIS STELLA was on the list and it remains there but now she is joined by GLOVIS SIGMA. These are both larger ships and ideal for the Europe run. Also on my list are K. ASIAN BEAUTY and RCC ASIA. These last 2 are smaller ships and I get the feeling that if they do call at Pier 80 they will head off to Asia rather than Europe. There is no no evidence to support that - just a gut feeling which, I admit, has been proved wrong in the past.
Another ship that is on the bottom of my list at the moment is GLOVIS CLIPPER. If she does become a Tesla ship she may be the last ship of Q3 because she won’t be in a position to load at Pier 80 until the end of August. A lot of water will flow under the Golden Gate by then though..

By the way, in doing my research it has became apparent that GLOVIS SPLENDOR looks good to be the 1st ship of Q4.
We shall see....

Sadly no to the before September thing. The only ship that will deliver before September now is the Glovis Sun, and if you were on that you would have been matched already. My Car is on the Grand Dahlia and I have a September 1st delivery date so hopefully you're on that one, which is on it's way, or the Captain which sounds like it's about to set off.
Thanks

The San Francisco Port Schedule has been updated.
It tells us to expect the RCC ASIA on 7 Aug and the GLOVIS SIGMA on 17 Aug.
The RCC ASIA wasn't a complete surprise but I will admit to being pleasantly surprised that the schedule named the GLOVIS SIGMA so far in advance. This schedule would tend to indicate a slow down in export production and one might argue that this is it for Q3.
If the GLOVIS SIGMA comes to Europe I estimate it will arrive in Zeebrugge around 10 Sep and so there is still potential for one more shipment after her. I have tentatively pencilled in GLOVIS CLIPPER for that but that is pure speculation at the moment.

All the previous ships that have come to Europe could be easily predicted, even by me, because they appear on various European port schedules in August and September but that is not the case with these two - I can't find anything. I have no idea of their intended destinations. That could mean that both of them are not coming to Europe which is unlikely or just that the schedulers haven't caught up with the bookings. There has been turmoil over the last month or so with ship scheduling as ships are having to return to Asia to rotate their crews rather than the crews flying to the ships. This has resulted in lots of changes to schedules and ships being out of position. GLOVIS SIGMA is a wide ship, like GLOVIS SUN and GLOVIS SPLENDOR and so that is a ship that makes better economic sense to come to Europe. Not only will it carry more cars for Tesla but crucially after the charter is complete there is a big demand for a ship this size on routes from Europe. RCC ASIA is a standard size carrier like GLOVIS CAPTAIN and GRAND DAHLIA and so can't be ruled out completely. I am guessing here but I reckon that RCC ASIA will head to the Far East and GLOVIS SIGMA will come to Europe.

In the meantime, I shall continue to scour the port schedules for any evidence to suggest their destinations.

I forgot to mention that it is very possible that the GLOVIS SUN may be carrying vehicles to Dubai.
She is scheduled to arrive at Jebel Ali on 14 Sep.

If vehicles are cross loaded in Southampton they could arrive in Dubai a couple of weeks earlier.
This depends on when, or even if, the GLOVIS SUN arrives in Southampton.
The ship to watch will be the GLOVIS SAFETY loading in Southampton on 7 Aug (or possibly the ASIAN DYNASTY on 14 Aug)

I forgot to mention that it is very possible that the GLOVIS SUN may be carrying vehicles to Dubai.

If vehicles are cross loaded in Southampton they could arrive in Dubai a couple of weeks earlier.
The ship to watch will be the GLOVIS SAFETY loading in Southampton on 7 Aug (or possibly the ASIAN DYNASTY on 14 Aug)

i’ve been watching this too. Glovis Safety Is scheduled to arrive 30/8 Jebel Ali, so a crossload is a distinct possibility and the best candidate. Asian Dynasty arrives Sep 9. Torino is the other ship at Southampton Aug 6, but this will be too early.

Is there actually a chance that the Sun won’t come to Southampton after Zeebrugge on the 5th Aug then @Mr Miserable ?

Might be a dumb question, but how do the vehicles get to the UK if Glovis Sun doesn't come to Southampton? Is there another ship that is loaded?

Mr M total shot in the dark here but is it possible with the earlier than scheduled arrival of the Glovis Sun into Zeebrugge that RHD M3s will be cross loaded into the Orion Highway scheduled into Southampton on the 6th August?

GLOVIS SUN. Her midday position is shown on the chart below. She continues to progress at just over 18 kts and continues to build a buffer. She may have to pull over into Brixham to pick up a pilot. Whatever, she is looking good to arrive on schedule on 5 Aug into Zeebrugge. I then expect her to head for Southampton, arriving on the 7th or 8th.
GLOVIS SUN Atlantic Progress.png

GRAND DAHLIA She will arrive off Balboa later tonight. I expect her to commence her transit of the canal in the small hours of tomorrow.
I will write a seperate post on the canal transit later this evening.

Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 17.04.52.png

GLOVIS CAPTAIN She is making 16.7 kts enroute to Panama where she is due to arrive on the 8th.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR As expected she has taken up an anchorage in the Bay and is expected to commence loading on Monday at Pier 80.

Might be a dumb question, but how do the vehicles get to the UK if Glovis Sun doesn't come to Southampton? Is there another ship that is loaded?

If GLOVIS SUN doesn't come to Southampton (which is unlikely in my opinion) the cars will be unloaded at Zeebrugge and then loaded on to another vessel. That could be GRAND DAHLIA but there are quicker alternatives.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark S and Gazmayo