Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why?

Changing subjects: I hope they bring back the stealth performance model. I liked it in the past because the different wheels brought about a smoother ride.
There is nothing different in the cars that would cause the range to be that drastically different, other than the rim size. But even then the new 20” on the P variant are now forged (lighter) with aero caps. If you driver it harder the range will decrease sure, but the difference in listed range is just EPA test cycles. Real world they won’t be that far apart. If you take those aero covers off the 18” rims I bet you the range is damn near identical. (This was true in the prior M3P as well)

Thanks. I didn't know what to search for and curious what you searched for to find that.
I found this similar article:
Interesting that it says none of the model 3 ranges changed.

Tesla proudly trumpets 9.23s @155mph quarter mile times for the Model S Plaid.

There's a reason they're being silent about the new M3P's quarter-mile times and it has to be one of two things. Either the M3P is too good for roughly half the price of a Model S Plaid and would cannibalize its sales even more, or it's an underwhelming, mid 11-sec range. (To think we live in a time when mid-11-second quarter mile would be considered underwhelming.)

Well then fk that. Another reason to leave this fkd up country now…just keep adding to the list on top of prices out of control, weather garbage, taxes insane, broken healthcare. Not the same Canada I grew up in.

And now 460hp vs 500+? lol. Just another reason to move to big brother.
Time to move to TX. :)
So this is substantiated then? 510hp in US and nowhere else?

Can’t wait to see some reviews on 0-60, 0-100, 100-150 mph on the 510hp and the 460hp version.

Seems odd they would ship 2 diff Perf 3’s which have diff higher end Perf and power specs. Given 2.9 is the same for both batteries. I guess it’s higher end power that will fall off quicker in the 460hp version.
I was set to buy in Canada but …after seeing this…a bit bummed. Holding off for now until I figure out how to import a U.S. made.

So this is substantiated then? 510hp in US and nowhere else?

Can’t wait to see some reviews on 0-60, 0-100, 100-150 mph on the 510hp and the 460hp version.

Seems odd they would ship 2 diff Perf 3’s which have diff higher end Perf and power specs. Given 2.9 is the same for both batteries. I guess it’s higher end power that will fall off quicker in the 460hp version.
I was set to buy in Canada but …after seeing this…a bit bummed. Holding off for now until I figure out how to import a U.S. made.
Nobody in Canada should buy this and it might let Tesla know that we want the real thing.

Reactions: Destiny1701
0-60 MPH in 2.9s is not the same as 0-100 km/hr (62.1 MPH) in 3.1s.
At 2.9s 0-60, you're accelerating by 1 MPH every 0.04833 seconds.
At 3.1s 0-62.1, you're accelerating by 1 MPH every 0.04992 seconds, roughly 3.28% slower, which seems to match up with the LG vs Panasonic battery differences.

Extrapolate that through the entire quarter mile: If the Panasonic-equipped car traps 125* MPH, the LG-equipped car would trap 120.9 MPH. (125 x 0.9672 = 120.9)

* I have no proof of a 125 MPH trap speed, just used that number as an example. And I know the acceleration isn't linear, but the numbers do illustrate what a 3.28% difference can make when all other things are equal.

After looking at the reviews I’m a bit uncertain about the vehicle height. 10mm lower than the current long range, or 10mm lower than the old M3P? Ta
1000076909.jpg