Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that the Ford Lightning has a one year depreciation of around 15 to 20K. You can get a one year old Lightning for 56 to 65K. Will the depreciation of the Cybertruck Foundation edition be close to the same?
Since initial CT prices are extra high, I suspect the initial depreciation will drop more. Once prices stabilize after production is ramped, depreciation should be less.

Just like a Model S/X/3/Y bought today will have a better depreciation rate in 5 years compared to cars bought during the high covid prices.

46 temp
70 mph
122 kWh consumption
254 miles at ~2.05 m/kWh

There was so much cackling and blather I didn't get to hear him say the mileage when the CT was unable to maintain 70mph on the freeway. It's funny how the test was all about maintaining 70mph and then at the end the goal post moved to include any distance traveled however slow.

There was so much cackling and blather I didn't get to hear him say the mileage when the CT was unable to maintain 70mph on the freeway. It's funny how the test was all about maintaining 70mph and then at the end the goal post moved to include any distance traveled however slow.
I’m assuming you’ve watched none of his other range test videos, same “test” they do on all EVs.

Reactions: Maxim_9
I agree, but it should be an additional data point to what's being listed, not a replacement. More & better information for the consumer to make a decision.
I have no problem presenting people with more information but the EPA range is divorced from reality. In 6 years, with 3 Teslas and 2 models, not once did I go the EPA range between charges.

If fact, after a year of ownership the EPA range is all but impossible to achieve on a real road.

(I guess on a sunny 72 degree day you could drive 320mi without stopping at 40mph over the course of 8 hours. But you can't be in stop and go traffic, go up any real elevation, park the car, leave it with sentry on, check the app or precondition during that time.)

I feel like ~260mi is even a bit high, I would force Tesla to advertise only the range the car can actually achieve at highway speeds between charges in the real world. So take 260mi * .9 (to account for first year degredation of 5% and that you aren't going to discharge below 5%)...

So the real range of a Foundation Series Cybertruck as equipped from the factory is 235mi

Last edited:
Horrible range. With load and varying speeds will yield what... 125 miles?
i think with towing anywhere close to max tow rating you probably see that ~250 miles of range from 100% to 0% likely drop down to 120 miles or less ... add the fact that *nobody* is towing from 100% ot 0% until they get stranded and you are looking at a tow range of maybe ~100 miles.

that's why I giggle when folks claim that the Cybertruck is perfect to fullfill their towing needs. Perfect if you tow a boat just 50 miles back/forth. on the weekend. Not so perfect if you tow for 400 miles and have to hook/unhook that trailer 3 times when charging every 1.5 hr

i think with towing anywhere close to max tow rating you probably see that ~250 miles of range from 100% to 0% likely drop down to 120 miles or less ... add the fact that *nobody* is towing from 100% ot 0% until they get stranded and you are looking at a tow range of maybe ~100 miles.

that's why I giggle when folks claim that the Cybertruck is perfect to fullfill their towing needs. Perfect if you tow a boat just 50 miles back/forth. on the weekend. Not so perfect if you tow for 400 miles and have to hook/unhook that trailer 3 times when charging every 1.5 hr
You have certainly doubled down on your CT anti-pitch. Your Ford dealership must really be struggling.

You have certainly doubled down on your CT anti-pitch. Your Ford dealership must really be struggling.
Hey! Give these guys a break :). With the Model Y being the best selling vehicle in the world last year, the Model S being one of the best performing cars, and the Supercharger providing long-distance travel at essentially the same convenience as ICE, the trolls are having to work double hard to even come up with their lame FUD. The CT is about the only remaining target today since it really isn't out and there is very little known about it currently.

I think Ford is doing ok selling their trucks, I don’t think they’ll be having any problems for a long time.

Keep making excuses on why after 4 years Tesla, the battery tech “leader” is barely matching the specs of Fords truck EV

Don’t worry, your stock is safe.

Hey! Give these guys a break :). With the Model Y being the best selling vehicle in the world last year, the Model S being one of the best performing cars, and the Supercharger providing long-distance travel at essentially the same convenience as ICE, the trolls are having to work double hard to even come up with their lame FUD. The CT is about the only remaining target today since it really isn't out and there is very little known about it currently.
lol. sure about that? don't believe everything Elon says...