Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 years later what is your 100% on your 85kWh battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m curious what your 100% was when purchased. I assume higher than currently shown...?

unfortunately I did not start using a third party app tracking battery degradation til about 70k miles.
14920695-1180-417F-87BC-24F97F38F6D7.jpeg

@BlueOvalFan
Vehicle was purchased in Oct 2018 with 31k miles, hence prior history is unknown.
I purchased the vehicle and have used supercharging very sparingly. No need for it really, have a charger at home and Tesla installed one at my business too. Typically charge to 90% and usually dont get below 20%.Ive tried 0-100% slow charge, 70% slow charge, 0-100% and 5 amps, nothing seems to help. Just charging to 90% now and hope the battery dies soon.
I am really torn about the company as a whole. I love the car but hate the lies.....just like everyone else.

@AmpedRealtor
I understand that but I have not come across a single vehicle that is down to 205 miles, maybe they are out there somewhere but I feel that number was just thrown at me to shut me up....yet another lie.

Did you reset the mcu? Or disconnect the 12v battery for 15 minutes at least. This will do a hard reset Tesla service center told me.

I have done a reset in the past as well as a new 12v battery.
Clearly this graph is not that of a normal battery degradation.

This isn't degradation. It's the infamous software crippling by Tesla for batteries that have developed a dangerous condition. Hundreds of cars are affected (mine, too). There is a class action lawsuit going on about this. It's pointless to argue with Tesla. They are instructed to send everyone who complains about this issue home with all kinds of BS arguments.

Reactions: sorka
The second reason for not upgrading is the increase in charging time at the super chargers.

Bingo. I wish I hadn't upgraded. I don't like that I lost range, but I can deal with it. The charging time at superchargers has almost tripled (for me). It makes long trips a no-go for my 85D. We take our ICE car now.

2015 Model S 85D (100% SOC)
16 Feb 2019 w/ 45094 miles, 262 rated miles (76.3 kWh NomFullPack)
2 Feb 2020 w/ 52204 miles, 255 rated miles, (74.0 kWh NomFullPack)

For what it’s worth, I’m now seeing 71.9 kWh NomFullPack, although this is at 70% SOC (BMS data still reports NomFullPack). In the past, I’ve noticed when charging to 100%, NomFullPack will increase slightly (maybe .2-.3 kWh) but it still appears I’ve lost ~2 kWh in the past three months. I’m assuming this was from one of the recent updates, but I didn’t check what the NomFullPack was reporting before and after the update.

For what it’s worth, I’m now seeing 71.9 kWh NomFullPack, although this is at 70% SOC (BMS data still reports NomFullPack). In the past, I’ve noticed when charging to 100%, NomFullPack will increase slightly (maybe .2-.3 kWh) but it still appears I’ve lost ~2 kWh in the past three months. I’m assuming this was from one of the recent updates, but I didn’t check what the NomFullPack was reporting before and after the update.
My car seems to be on a slow cycle with around 2 kWh variation in nomfullpack, down, then back up, and then down again. I don't know what it means, or if it correlates to anything.

sept 2014 model s 85
90k miles
Barely get 225 miles on a full charge
supercharging takes hours.
i drop the car off and pick it up 2 hrs later
Tesla says its normal.. ha ha liars
service at dania is horrible

Basically, we (original tesla owners) are a pest to them. They only care about sales and selling those ugly model 3's the whole brand went to hell, we used to be special and treated accordingly. Now, good luck to you

F. Elon

Reactions: InternetDude
sept 2014 model s 85
90k miles
Barely get 225 miles on a full charge
supercharging takes hours.
i drop the car off and pick it up 2 hrs later
Tesla says its normal.. ha ha liars
service at dania is horrible

Basically, we (original tesla owners) are a pest to them. They only care about sales and selling those ugly model 3's the whole brand went to hell, we used to be special and treated accordingly. Now, good luck to you

F. Elon

Nice demonstration of the software cap Tesla placed on your battery to lock out 10% of your capacity at the top.

It’s very unfortunate actually. And the supercharging speeds are horrendous as well.
I actually love the vehicle so much that I can’t see myself driving anything other than a Tesla. I am in the market for a newer model S or upgrading to a model X but this experience has left such a sour taste. I fear that the 100 batteries won’t be far behind in the capping BS!
My wife drives a model 3, been thinking about upgrading it for a performance but once again all I can think about is being bent over by Tesla.

My 2014 P 85DL has about 90,000 miles on it- full charge dropped from 253 to 233, about 10%. I don’t consider that too bad, but real world is much worse than rated, even in town. I agree with all the other posts, supercharging is horrible. I drove my model S to a charger in Gainesville FL and was down to about 15% battery. I went to eat and after 2 hours charging (I was the only car there) it was still below 100%. Our model 3 in the same scenario hit 100% in about 45 minutes. Free supercharging in the S is definitely not worth it.

Reactions: InternetDude