TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

90D Deliveries Begin Early 2016

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by timf, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

Saw a grey 90D Model X today parked in front of my office building at Spear & Market St. in San Francisco. I was driving so I was not able to spot the VIN number. But it most definitely was a 90D; new "Zero Emissions" plates. It looks incredibly similar to my grey Model S, except more ... bubbly?

- K

2. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

It seems extremely unlikely that it was a 90D and not a P90D. All Sigs and Founders cars are P90D... and if it had "Zero Emissions" plates it was a customer car, not an early test from Tesla...

3. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

I have some exciting news for you, that you probably already know :cool:

4. Vizir

Vizir Member

Which is?

5. highedu

highedu Member

it says my order will automatically confirm on 1/12...haven't seen an email, does it come at midnight automatically?

6. Vizir

Vizir Member

Yes, midnight PST.

Edit: am waiting for mine too, and this is what I've heard. Post below this by EboMike contains more accurate info

7. EboMike

EboMike Member

Seems to run a date late. I confirmed 1/4 at about 10:30pm, it said it'd be confirmed on 1/11 but the confirmation came on 1/12 at 5:30am. You should get a mail one day before confirmation though where it reminds you that you don't have much time left to make changes.

8. dirkhh

So what happened to the option to confirm early that we used to have? Had a "Confirm now" button when buying both of my Model S - no such luck with the Model X it seems.

9. EboMike

EboMike Member

Not anymore. There's a thread about it (Waiving the 7-day waiting period) - several of us called customer service to confirm early, but that option is no longer available.

10. dirkhh

Thanks for that link. Guess I don't need to bother to call them tomorrow...

11. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

Since they have only delivered a few production P90Ds and they have thousands left to build and deliver I doubt they will have all of the P90Ds delivered before the fall.

Reservation #8143 | Order Confirmed 12/17/15 | Prod VIN 0251 | VIN Assigned 12/23/15 | P90D | Titanium Metallic | Tan Leather | Ash wood | Light Headliner | 20" silver helix wheels | Premium upgrade | Autopilot | Six seat (2-2-2) | Towing | 72 Amp Charger | Delivery Scheduled for 2/26/16 | Orlando Service Center

Please update ModelXTracker.com with information about your Model X order.

12. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

I understand your pessimism since you have noted in other threads your delivery date keeps changing, but fall is 30 weeks from now. Supposedly within 18 weeks the production rate will be 1,000 per week. Assuming the production rate between now and the end of Q2 averages ~500 Model X per week and it is 1,000 per week after that, I find it very hard to believe there will be 20,000 P90D orders. I would expect 90Ds to start delivering no later than the July/August timeframe.

13. EV Family

EV Family Like Tesla

I for one appreciate the optimism @CmdrThor! Hoping you are correct.

14. Darryl

They still haven't even started the ramp up and it is almost March. I think we are a long way off from seeing even 100 -200 a week especially since right now we are only seeing a few a week. This is not being pessimistic it is being realistic. They have only issued 1100 VINS. If they ramp up too fast like they did in December and then have problems again this will have a major impact on stock prices. I only got pessimistic when my car was delivered to my SC and I had to wait two weeks to be delivered to me. I realize this was petty. I am very optimistic about the Model X and Tesla. The worse thing they (Tesla) and the users of this forum can do is to set unrealistic expectations for delivery. Expectations which are not based on facts. It would be much better to set expectations for a tealistic date and then see Tesla deliver the car early.

15. Redshift

Redshift Member

Where is there any solid information about the current production figures? I had thought I had heard 200/week, but that does not seem to be the case.

16. Darryl

I also read 200 per week but they would be running out of VINs if they had been doing that many per week. Of course even once they produce cars it can take two week to get to the SC.

17. Librae

Librae Member

To that end, where is any solid information about reservations converting to actual orders vs people waiting to get their hands on them/test drive, etc? People here and in other on-line venues seem to be massively pessimistic about delivery times yet also in fantasy land about actual orders. Do we have solid numbers in either area?

18. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

Nope. So it works well for speculation with either camp. :smile:

19. jsollender

jsollender Member

I thought someone had stated that modelxtracker.com represents about 5% of actual participants/orders/reservations. Looking at the February numbers, there are only 20 people who supplied the information that they were assigned VINs since 2/1/16 to date 2/26/16. If accurate, that would extrapolate to about 100 VINs assigned this month. That's pitiful, and cant be representative of the expected upslope to 800+ vehicles being produced per month. Also not seeing much in the way of deliveries to the Facebook walls of tesla model owners group. Starting to think the Fremont factory is having major snafu's or raw material supply issues affecting output....

20. EboMike

EboMike Member

It's hard to gauge the actual participation level at various stages. Some people used the tracker while they were waiting to get the invitation, and once they got it, they tossed the tracker aside. I'm guessing that with each stage of the process, the participation percentage goes down.

That said, given the low number of the highest known VIN, it does look like not many of them were assigned.