Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advanced Summon Almost Ready to Roll Out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
Taking bets on when....2 weeks....3 weeks....2 months....6 months......next year

24B8B1FA-6566-487F-B1CF-DB4BE7D014E4.png

Reactions: outdoors
Taking bets on when....2 weeks....3 weeks....2 months....6 months......next year

Well for bets to be valid we need to be clear about what as well as when. If what is that you can sorta remote-control the car from your phone while you have a line of sight on it, that's honestly not that hard for them to do. Also largely useless and probably a good way to seriously damage some expensive property and possibly run over your dog and/or toddler. But sure, 3 months maybe, 6 definitely.

Now, if it's Smart Summon as originally described -- the thing that gets itself out of your garage and turns a corner to come pick you up without you having a line of sight -- now that's a completely different thing. Let's see my guess on that, on current hardware, is... never.

I would just be happy if the car can park itself in our very narrow garage with absolute certainly that it would not hit the stationary walls or the garage door frame. Our garage is so narrow we could actually use this feature but stopped using it because I'm afraid I would not have enough time to react before it hits the wall or the garage door frame.

I hope whatever they release is functional.

Last edited:
I would just be happy if the car can park itself in our very narrow garage with absolute certainly that it would not hit the stationary walls or the garage door frame. Our garage is so narrow we could actually use this feature but stopped using it because I'm afraid I would not have enough time to react before it hits the wall or the garage door frame.

I hope whatever they release is functional.

I agree....but in another self park scenario. I can’t ever get my car to present the auto park feature when I need it BUT it regularly and daily presents itself when I am in stop and go traffic during my daily commute. ;)