Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AirPlay incoming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
…however, the first of two app updates last week made the 11-letter name of my car truncate the last letter onto a second line. It’s been on one line for three and a half years. Looks naff now…
The widget remains perfectly sized to fit.

That’s Tesla. No attention to detail…

Maybe i'm being thick but surely you'd need Apple Carplay downloaded to the car via a main software update and not the App?
They’re talking about Airplay, not CarPlay. Airplay is a method of streaming audio/video at higher quality than BT streaming. It would still require a car software update for it to act as an airplay speaker/receiver.

There is little to no chance we’ll see CarPlay supported in Teslas.

Reactions: Adopado
They’re talking about Airplay, not CarPlay. Airplay is a method of streaming audio/video at higher quality than BT streaming. It would still require a car software update for it to act as an airplay speaker/receiver.

There is little to no chance we’ll see CarPlay supported in Teslas.
you also need to be on wifi for it to work from my experience.

…however, the first of two app updates last week made the 11-letter name of my car truncate the last letter onto a second line. It’s been on one line for three and a half years. Looks naff now…
The widget remains perfectly sized to fit.

That’s Tesla. No attention to detail…
- but, the colour and logo looks more attractive with the new design Dilly - you win something and you lose something! btw you can rename it to 10letters if you want in one line :)

The best part of the update is being able schedule charging. I hope you can link it to a TOU plan so it is smart about it and not limited to set times every day. You can already enter your TOU electric plan to determine costs, so it should be a no-brainer.

Here's all the Android users right about now...

1689349802891.png