Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Tesla Models will get Range/Power increase (not just SR+) of 5%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which tires too.

Never came close to "losing" control with AWD Model 3 and Snow tires with Regen on Standard.
I never felt the need to put it in low regen all, New England (NH, MA), Winter long.

MS 100d. Factory tires. I have winter now, but initially, I didn’t.

I must have made this sound worse than it is. It’s generally rare. The times I remember it are where I’m approaching a 90 degree turn. Either a merge or leaving a parking lot. Maybe a total of two or three times.

Maybe I’m overly cautious, but when its icy I reduce regen before I leave the house, without fail.

Reactions: mswlogo
Some owners in China are reported to already have it, along with some early access users. There are photo's of the change-log that corroborate both. I guess it's not in 12.4 so not sure which version it's actually in.

The EAP and especially the Early FSD customer version of it is a sham. I'm an early FSD customer with Advanced selected who is still on 12.2. According to TeslaFi...
Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 10.40.19 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Similarly, I left creep on so that my foot would be on the brake pedal in parking scenarios. I'm having second thoughts though because I have caught myself trying to exit the car before I put it in park. Luckily the car saved my butt by putting the car in PARK automatically when I opened the door.

For me, this really comes down to anxiety over what my reflex will be when I have to stop immediately in a parking scenario. Will I stomp on the pedal ? That would be bad if my foot is on the go pedal.
I have had the car fail to put the car in park when I opened the door a couple of times

I have had the car fail to put the car in park when I opened the door a couple of times
Great.

I played around a bit yesterday and made sure that the car had the 'Hold' engaged before I opened the door. That resulted in the car putting the car into Park automatically. If that is consistent I am going to train myself to always place the car in Hold. It should translate well from my usual habit of setting the hand (foot) brake.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've decided not to worry too much about my rated range being low on my SR+. If I take a long journey and do the maths with the Wh/mile, number of miles driven and percentage used, I get bang on 50kWh 100% capacity...... Which is what I'm expecting for SR+.

Where does everyone get these statistics from? I see lots of people talking about lifetime averages and things like that, but I’m not sure where to find this info. I’m new to the family, so still learning about this machine :)

I played around a bit yesterday and made sure that the car had the 'Hold' engaged before I opened the door. That resulted in the car putting the car into Park automatically. If that is consistent I am going to train myself to always place the car in Hold. It should translate well from my usual habit of setting the hand (foot) brake.

Not sure how we ended up on this topic...but the Rollaway Protection not working properly presents a critical safety issue, so I thought I would chime in. The way it is supposed to work is if at least 2 out of 3 of the following are conditions are met, it should extremely quickly go to Park from Drive. It should not require that Hold mode be engaged for the Rollaway Protection to work, and it should work ok even if Creep mode is on (I'm a Creeper):

At least 2 out of 3 of these conditions:
1) Seat belt undone
2) Driver Door open
3) Weight removed from driver seat.

I've found that it pretty reliably does this, though there is a defeat if you nail the accelerator quickly enough, concurrent with the satisfaction of the rollaway conditions. It's entirely possible these rollaway protections won't work either if the car is in motion when these conditions are satisfied (so if you try to bail out with the car in motion, or the car is already starting to roll when the conditions are initially met, it might not engage the parking brake). This means that it's possible that if you're in Creep mode, or on a hill, and are in the (bad) habit of removing your foot from the brake before opening the driver's door, you could defeat the protection.

If you're finding that it's not working this way, and not reliably parking the car automatically when the car is stationary and the 2 of the 3 conditions are met, I would strongly recommend having the various sensors checked out, or at least double checking yourself the status of these sensors. The three failures could be:

1) Door open sensor is stuck in the "door closed" position. (This would usually present some other undesirable symptoms I think: specifically the display would not turn off when you exit the vehicle, so an undetected failure is unlikely.)
2) Seat belt sensor is stuck in the "seat belt on" position.
3) Driver weight sensor is stuck in the "seat weighted" position.

To check them, I would conduct the following tests:

1) Does the car detect when your driver's door is open? (by dinging incessantly when in drive with the door open)
2) Does the car detect when your seat belt is not on? (with an icon on the display and annoying chiming when driving above a certain speed)
3) Hardest to test - does your seat weight detector detect when weight is removed from the seat? The way to test this one is to take your seat belt off (display should then show your seat belt is off with an icon above the speedometer), then to lift your butt from the seat while still in the car (basically have to have the strength to brace your weight in various places, using the dead pedal, and the seat back, and center console (lightly!) ) and make sure that seat belt icon turns off.

Where does everyone get these statistics from? I see lots of people talking about lifetime averages and things like that, but I’m not sure where to find this info. I’m new to the family, so still learning about this machine

Left hand pane of display, bottom section, swipe from left to right to get to leftmost "card." You can then scroll up and down on this card (by swiping) to access the various trip meters. You can rename the two main permanent trip meters - many people rename the bottommost one "Lifetime - Do Not Reset". Note that NONE of the meters measure ANY energy consumption when the car is in Park (this turns out to be important and a common point of confusion, and should be seared in your memory).

Last edited: