Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

ratsbew

Mar 3, 2012
O'Fallon, IL
They updated the Model 3 page (main product page, not configurator) to show the new interior from the exterior view. If they are doing this, I'm surprised that the Model Y has shown the new headlights for months, but they are not being delivered.

Apr 7, 2021
Inland Empire, California
So I checked door and my build is 3/21 not 3/31. Here is pic of headlight.

Attachments

• IMG_20210412_075449.jpg
    IMG_20210412_075449.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 44

SucreTease

Teslarian
Jul 11, 2017
Huntsville, Alabama
So I checked door and my build is 3/21 not 3/31. Here is pic of headlight.
Door label contains only month and year; so March 2021. The 3/31 specified month and day; so March 31, 2021. The precise day of build is on a label attached to the car when it leaves the factory, which is removed in prep for delivery to customer. An SA can tell you what the precise build day is.

davenlei

Feb 16, 2021
Orange County, CA
Whisperingshad, the headlight for my 3/28 build SRY is the same as your pic with the 6 or so separate "cells". I am assuming that is the old headlight right and not the new 'adaptive' one? Do the adaptive ones have two or three larger "cells" with a projector lens on the outside? I was at the Tesla showroom the other day and saw a new M3 with the 2-3 cell headlights.

Apr 7, 2021
Inland Empire, California
Door label contains only month and year; so March 2021. The 3/31 specified month and day; so March 31, 2021. The precise day of build is on a label attached to the car when it leaves the factory, which is removed in prep for delivery to customer. An SA can tell you what the precise build day is.
good to know lol, guess i haven't had enough coffee yet lol. He has said 3/31

brettjson

Feb 27, 2021
looks like a lot of people are getting VINs for April builds, so I guess we will see soon if any of them have the new headlights. I would say not likely. It seems tesla likes to alternate between updates to the 3 then the Y. Looks like the door trim on the 3 is up next.

ansonurpants

Mar 11, 2021
SF Bay Area
I officially got a vin number! 173xxx. Ordered Dec 2th 2020, delayed till March 30, 21. I was holding out for the headlights but I don't care anymore.
Same situation as you, didn't want to wait any longer for the headlights and/or CVAP grant. I just got a VIN today of 175xxx, delivery 4/12-4/15 (I live 15 mins from the Fremont factory). Will report back about the headlights after delivery.

bluenycom

Feb 12, 2021
Rancho Cucamonga
Whisperingshad, the headlight for my 3/28 build SRY is the same as your pic with the 6 or so separate "cells". I am assuming that is the old headlight right and not the new 'adaptive' one? Do the adaptive ones have two or three larger "cells" with a projector lens on the outside? I was at the Tesla showroom the other day and saw a new M3 with the 2-3 cell headlights.
The "cells" you described are reflectors. If you look at the top (ceiling) of each, you'd see the actual LED's. The new lights have projector at the outside position and a few reflectors on the inside positions. Typically when they have combined projector/reflector light like this, the projector is the main low beam and the reflectors are the main high beam. New headlights are NOT adaptive for the US market at this time.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC