Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh...good news for TSLA investors because I'd say that's a "demand lever" that they haven't had a need to pull.

I'm holding off on buying a LR Y specifically for these new headlights.
You are in a tiny minority of the most exacting niche of Tesla buyers.... power to you for waiting, but this will not create any significant amount of demand, especially since adaptive lights are not legal in the US yet; and besides, Musk just stated that they are not demand-limited.

Reactions: tibook
I’m in the tiny minority as well but don’t care for the door trim or biodefense. I’ll wait for the headlights as I have no immediate use for the car. Good news is it gives Congress hopefully more time to pass a tax credit reform.

I hope you’re right about the demand irrespective of the headlights and other updates. As an investor, I’m certainly worried about less than stellar numbers this quarter. As a future buyer, it means the supply of older headlights will be exhausted sooner so the updates roll out quicker as they consolidate supply chain.

You are in a tiny minority of the most exacting niche of Tesla buyers.... power to you for waiting, but this will not create any significant amount of demand, especially since adaptive lights are not legal in the US yet; and besides, Musk just stated that they are not demand-limited.

Reactions: dyau
I'm worried about Q1 demand too. Maybe it's just me projecting my own desires (tax credit, new headlights) onto the whole market though. I was expecting to buy a week or two ago, but I can't order knowing that a tax credit is likely "around the corner" (whenever that is).

However...once that tax credit passes then I have no doubt that demand will be insane....$30,000 for a Model 3 SR is a killer deal.

Can anyone with MYP or M3 confirm if the new projector light has gymbals to move like the hella video? My SA claims X and S never had any moving parts only different LED combos lit up and there are NO plans for moving parts on these projector headlamps. Electronic steering is state of the art-can someone clarify any wiring harness change/retrofit-ability?

I ordered a MY LR last weekend and haven't gotten matched with a VIN yet. Since it looks like only the MY P are coming with the new headlights, I'm hoping that Tesla starts building MY LR vehicles with the new headlights sometime in March, and I'll get a VIN match later this month. If not, I'm going to try to be patient, even if I have to wait until May/June. Gonna cross my fingers, but not hold my breath.

Luckily, I don't need a new vehicle immediately, so I can wait a little bit. All my accessories are getting delivered this week and next week, so seeing all of that sitting downstairs is going to make me that much more anxious to get the car, LOL.

Ugh...good news for TSLA investors because I'd say that's a "demand lever" that they haven't had a need to pull.

I'm holding off on buying a LR Y specifically for these new headlights.

I'm worried about Q1 demand too. Maybe it's just me projecting my own desires (tax credit, new headlights) onto the whole market though. I was expecting to buy a week or two ago, but I can't order knowing that a tax credit is likely "around the corner" (whenever that is).

However...once that tax credit passes then I have no doubt that demand will be insane....$30,000 for a Model 3 SR is a killer deal.
Wouldn’t that bill need 60 votes in the Senate? None of us really know, but I don’t see how that passes in this Congress at all, let alone this year unless some dynamic changes.

So as of right now, do we have any confirmation that someone has taken delivery with the new headlights a non-Performance MY?

Or is everything so far still MYP? And we're just now seeing signs that LR7 might be getting them soon but no one's confirmed with delivery?

Reactions: duran505
I just got a call from Tesla telling me that if I ordered a model Y by the end of the week they would guarantee delivery by the end of the month. After that, I wouldn’t expect to receive the car before June. My guess is that the next round of domestic manufacturing will include the new headlights.

I just got a call from Tesla telling me that if I ordered a model Y by the end of the week they would guarantee delivery by the end of the month. After that, I wouldn’t expect to receive the car before June. My guess is that the next round of domestic manufacturing will include the new headlights.

Very interesting. We have a reservation at St. Louis SC. Thanks for the heads up.