Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just be patient. They’re running low on the old headlights. That’s why it’s only on the MYP. A matter of time before all trims get them
Agree. It’s entirely inefficient to be sourcing 2 different headlights and just non-P Y’s getting them. Unfortunately it’s up to the Y’s to finish out their current supply as the 3’s get exported to Europe (at least that’s my theory).

My new headlights on MYP is super bright at night. Although I haven't driven at night with old one to compare. However, compare to my another car's Lexus triple beam headlights. MYP's new headlights is brighter, and it looks like it lights up much more area than Lexus's. Don't get me wrong, Lexus's triple beam is excellent and I paid $2.2k+ extra for that option.

I saw a built date of 3/9 Vin 143xxx on 3/11 at the Colma tesla center that has the old light.
That is a bummer. So much for the March build theory. They have to switch at some point...

I was wondering, do we know if the new ones are, in fact, matrix LED? Or is that just rumor? Is it possible they are just steering-responsive projectors? If that is the case, those are legal in the US and have been in BMWs for a long time. Matrix LEDs can turn off or dim narrow columns of light (like pixels) depending on other cars detected by a sensor. Steering-responsive projectors just turn the headlight one way or the other if the steering wheel is turned.

Picking up my MY LR 7 Seat build date 3/9 at 12pm today. Will let you guys know!
So update just picked up the car and indeed it has all 3 things. Updated center console, heated steering wheel and the new headlights.

Attachments

• 50AF605D-3B96-4277-8683-4A8CF9A0A3C7.jpeg
    50AF605D-3B96-4277-8683-4A8CF9A0A3C7.jpeg
    618 KB · Views: 133
  • Disagree
Reactions: SucreTease