Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's no legal requirement either for a Level 2 system to detect if the driver is in a seat or has a hand on the steering wheel. The Infiniti Q50 does not do a steering sensor, nor a seat sensor. You can leave the seat completely and the system will keep going.

Tesla added seat sensing quickly after someone did a similar stunt. Infiniti seems to have gotten away without it, given people don't care about the brand (doesn't make headline news).

I never said L2 requires that. I'm just saying Tesla already has a solution to the issue @Bladerskb pointed to about back seat driving (lol). It sucks Tesla gets so much scrutiny though.

Not from what I’ve seen. If I lift my butt out of the seat I get an almost immediate Hold Steering Wheel alert, even if I’m buckled in.

Yes, it definitely not the seat belt. You can drive but it will yell at you. I don't drive without my seatbelt other than when I'm parking my car on my private land but I imagine AP is agnostic as long as you're in your seat.

Also, I've found AP will immediately slow down if you get up to shift in your seat (rather than wait and flash the white border).

still on imgur.
July 28th MX with FSD package has the same hardware from 1 year ago. No underbody charge port from what I can tell and no RFID signals coming from B-pillar with simple iPhone test.

Imgur album
I get this following that and previous links.
pGjb81h.jpg