Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Model Y times have slipped to November to Feb 2023 already. I wonder how many preorders they have taken today for Australia and NZ.
1654837514111.png

Confirmed. Man that would have been a record - how many hours has it only been? 4? 5?

lol yeah....I guess lot people were waiting for Model Y....4 of my mates I know have booked so far and all were Performance ones
you know how we have been tracking orders based order time? Yeah, we'll be tracking model Y based on the hour.

"When did you order?"
"10:56 am, you?"
"nice. 11:59 am for me"
"Any one else ordered at 10:15-10:25 and still have not received their VIN yet?"

QESH plan to add 24 fast chargers in phase 3: https://www.qld.gov.au/__data/asset...ectric-Super-Highway-Map-phases-1,2-and-3.pdf.
Mostly on major routes, however my regular route from Rocky to Goondiwindi may miss out, except for Miles. I COULD make this in my LR, but may need to change my regular route
I was thinking this at first. I heard that zappi charger is smart enough to only use excess solar though (after home and Powerwall taken care of)

Just weighing up my options
Looks like Model Y times have slipped to November to Feb 2023 already. I wonder how many preorders they have taken today for Australia and NZ.

I think you might find those dates are for the myp

you know how we have been tracking orders based order time? Yeah, we'll be tracking model Y based on the hour.

"When did you order?"
"10:56 am, you?"
"nice. 11:59 am for me"
"Any one else ordered at 10:15-10:25 and still have not received their VIN yet?"
That’s me! I’ll go first
White/black RWD - 11:34am

Still have a M3 on order. Need to cancel/transfer if that’s possible..

Last edited:
Is it just me that thinks MY is an "uglier", taller version of M3?

So much hype about ordering. Is it all about the storage capacity? Or perhaps just wanting something new.
Yep, I already find the M3's rear end a little too bulbous and tall for my liking (kinda like a normal sedan's boot has been prematurely chopped off), and the MY exacerbates it 😅

Most people are into SUVs for the added practicality though, so no arguments there.