Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yet on the flip side I can honestly say I have not witnessed such excitement, hype and community spirit around a car in a very long time.
I feel like it is turning back the clock to the good'ol days, tinkering in the garage on Ford's and holders, just 2020's style.

Obviously you haven't been on any other car owner Facebook pages. We are on a few Y62 and Ram pages and they are exactly the same as these. People waiting impatiently, people loving their cars as the best thing ever, people defending any problem like their life depends on it. No different. I feel though the difference with Tesla people is generally they seem like this is the first ever exciting car they have owned in their lives. Not like a procession of 4wds to mod up for trips or other fast cars which garner excitement for their arrival and use.

Reactions: Benzz
Congrats. Alright thats way to many to be cancellations now. They are building. Lets hope some RWD's come
Stop making me refresh the page so often!!!!

1660276116258.png

:D:D:D:D

Obviously you haven't been on any other car owner Facebook pages. We are on a few Y62 and Ram pages and they are exactly the same as these. People waiting impatiently, people loving their cars as the best thing ever, people defending any problem like their life depends on it. No different. I feel though the difference with Tesla people is generally they seem like this is the first ever exciting car they have owned in their lives. Not like a procession of 4wds to mod up for trips or other fast cars which garner excitement for their arrival and use.
Yeah, I have, Troopy pages. But it just doesnt have the electric vibe as these pages do! 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: New Tech Bj
I got the SMS for Aug 15 and 16 time slots but I am overseas for another few days but they won't budge.

They made me wait 7 months (from the original 14-20 weeks) and that's ok and when I ask for a few days extension (and I already fully paid), that's not ok.

Useless SA. Speaking of customer service.....

This is an anti climax for what would otherwise be an joyous occasion.
That's appalling. So they are saying if you can't collect it they will assign the car to someone else?! Hopefully you have someone who can collect on your behalf if that's the last resort, but even that would be a bit rubbish as collection is part of the experience (not to mention that initial quality check before driving away).

Keep us updated as to what happens. If my delivery slips a way from my EDD I'll be in the same scenario.

Good luck,

I got the SMS for Aug 15 and 16 time slots but I am overseas for another few days but they won't budge.

They made me wait 7 months (from the original 14-20 weeks) and that's ok and when I ask for a few days extension (and I already fully paid), that's not ok.

Useless SA. Speaking of customer service.....

This is an anti climax for what would otherwise be an joyous occasion.
Tesla needs to give you 1 week notice of the delivery date, as per your order agreement (quoted below). If you got the SMS for booking in your delivery today, then you've got until the 19th to pick the car up and still not be in breach of the order agreement.

Delivery. We will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Centre, or other location as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date. You agree that time is of the essence and if you do not respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers.

Obviously you haven't been on any other car owner Facebook pages. We are on a few Y62 and Ram pages and they are exactly the same as these. People waiting impatiently, people loving their cars as the best thing ever, people defending any problem like their life depends on it. No different. I feel though the difference with Tesla people is generally they seem like this is the first ever exciting car they have owned in their lives. Not like a procession of 4wds to mod up for trips or other fast cars which garner excitement for their arrival and