Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only part I heard was actually more or less confirmed was one less speaker in the LR.
Think this also applies to the Premium interior which includes the performance. From 14 speakers down to 13 total on both the 3/Y with no real discernable loss in audio quality was what I had read iirc.

Edit: yep. They are changing the tweeter/midrange combo (currently 2 speakers) for a single dual purpose. And I am in no way saying this won't affect the audio quality to some degree, simply that it was reported as such. I'll reserve judgment for when I hear them side by side.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedSky1
Exciting times, regarding potential new chip and L-ion battery updates for all new orders, fingers crossed! Heated windscreen wipers don't really offer much for me in QLD, but I suppose I might travel down to the snow at some point. Heated wipers sound like they might be more expensive to replace wiper blades and an extra thing to go wrong? perhaps they can be swapped out for non heated ones when they need to be replaced?

Anyone know which ship/s to be looking out for leaving Shanghai in the next week or so? It appears that the consensus is Morning Clara isn't carrying any Tesla's. What are the other usual ships to be looking out for?

*EDIT* found in an old thread a couple of ships:
Tokyo Car - Headed for Shanghai, ETA Jan 19th
Morning Crystal - Headed for Shanghai, ETA Jan 24th

Reactions: ST1986
Exciting times, regarding potential new chip and L-ion battery updates for all new orders, fingers crossed! Heated windscreen wipers don't really offer much for me in QLD, but I suppose I might travel down to the snow at some point. Heated wipers sound like they might be more expensive to replace wiper blades and an extra thing to go wrong? perhaps they can be swapped out for non heated ones when they need to be replaced?

Anyone know which ship/s to be looking out for leaving Shanghai in the next week or so? It appears that the consensus is Morning Clara isn't carrying any Tesla's. What are the other usual ships to be looking out for?

The heated wipers will likely be part of the windscreen with heating line elements where the wiper blades normally park. This along with the heated steering and seats form the cold weather pack for countries like Canada. It melts the snow/ice around the windscreen where the wipers are, allowing quick operation of the wipers to clear the windscreen.

The heated wipers will likely be part of the windscreen with heating line elements where the wiper blades normally park. This along with the heated steering and seats form the cold weather pack for countries like Canada. It melts the snow/ice around the windscreen where the wipers are, allowing quick operation of the wipers to clear the windscreen.
They certainly need some cold weather protection. ;)

Carsales has released a video review of the 2022 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately they seem to have no idea about the car and have listed the specs from the 2021 release 12 months ago (although are using today's price).

Great work carsales :-/

God awful generic review as well, how about pros and cons at minimum! I've seen 100's of reviews of the M3 now though so probably a bit biased ;)

Reactions: Chuq and schnaxxl
hi all
my first post
I have a model 3 long range on order through a leasing company, delivery scheduled for Feb according to an email that my leasing agent sent me about 3 weeks ago
is that likely to be a firm timeline?
I’m not trading in, so need to arrange disposal of current vehicle to coincide
tx

Hi everyone,

I was originally searching for advice on charging installations in Sydney and stumbled across this thread. Learned a lot, didn't even know anything about the new updates like Ryzen chips and all tho so I thought I'd share the info I've received from my Tesla Person at Chatswood in Sydney, NSW.

Ordered 7 December
RWD all stock (i'm planning on cosmetic mods when it arrives)

Received call on Wednesday informing me I should expect pick up Mid Feb-Early March (within the 8-12 weeks bracket)
I sms'd them again today after coming across this thread.

They have confirmed to me "All new cars"

1. Ryzen chip
2. Lithium ion low voltage battery (but i think we knew that already)
3. Heated wiper
4. 2 reverse lights

they also confirmed that the RWD will not have the premium sound system nor will it have the vented seats which they responded with it just being a rumour.

Also on the site it doesn't list the RWD as having interior mats even though it does come with standard carpet mats.

hi all
my first post
I have a model 3 long range on order through a leasing company, delivery scheduled for Feb according to an email that my leasing agent sent me about 3 weeks ago
is that likely to be a firm timeline?
I’m not trading in, so need to arrange disposal of current vehicle to coincide
tx
Nobody knows for sure, but late Feb/early March is likely. Until you're assigned a VIN number nobody can say for sure.

I ordered 13 December (RWD) and have been told by a sales agent that the cutoff was 20 December for this quarter's cars. However, that may not hold true for LR and Performance models; there was another poster somewhere in this forum who's been told he may be delayed, and he ordered (I think?) a Performance earlier than I did in December. The cutoff date may be a little different for each model. Let's hope the factory didn't run out of some crucial parts just before building our cars.

Order dates are irrelevant as they won’t make the car based on the order. It’s whatever comes down the production line.
I was curious about this and wondering how the orders are assigned. So do they just make a set number of cars in various trims/colours and it gets allocated based on the order date after that? Does this mean they could end up with some unsold trims/colours for any given shipment too?