Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reason for getting "hard" floor mats in this car rather than carpet ones is that we own a greyhound who'll sometimes be travelling in the rear seat (properly secured, and with a seat protector).

We know from our current car how hard it is to get his hair off the carpet (and fabric seats, which won’t be a problem with the M3).

And yes, even with a hammock-style seat protector pet hair gets into places you wouldn’t expect!

I was waiting for Tessories to get the Model Y ones in stock but have ordered my mats from this mob instead. Thanks for the share.

I am going to wait before attaching anything to the window after watching this. Hopefully the transmitter in qld is similar
Yeah, I've seen this video. I have the storage box for this area of the console so not something I'd do. I have also seen some owners stick the tag to the back of the main screen out of sight but visible to the readers with some success.

I am going to wait before attaching anything to the window after watching this. Hopefully the transmitter in qld is similar
Thanks @Luddo I didn’t want to stick it on the windshield either, and I’d heard of people sticking them behind the screen so less obtrusive, but wanted to make sure it’d work ok there. I can’t believe it works from the closed “underside” of the armrest! Not sure it’d work for QLD e-tags tho. I probably won’t be putting mine there as I purchased one of those ”Secret” compartments that you stick under the armrest.

One mundane thing to do for those getting M3 soon is order the etag (that's what its called in NSW) bracket so you can swap out the etag. I tend just to leave the old bracket behind.
Or don’t get a tag replacement and they just use number plate recognition on any toll. You select that number plate recognition as an option on your account and return your old tags. I have not had a tag for the past 3 years. They charge a small cent premium for the service, but just alot cleaner. Here’s the kicker…. Every time I check my statements, they seem to always miss 10-20% of picking up my plate through the camera recognition. So I’m am actually in front or balanced dollar wise, without that ugly tag. obscuring my window and not blocking/jamming any functions.

Tomorrow means we officially find ourselves in the realm of the EDD window! Start the countdown.

Anyone want to have a guess at the chance of when the next big batch will arrive? AUG, SEP, OCT, NOV or beyond (again).

Here’s my guess:
AUG - 5%
SEP - 20%
OCT - 40%
NOV - 20%
Beyond - 15%

Reactions: penn_
Covered in the owners manual (LHD note but works for AU installs):

View attachment 834895
Yes indeed, attach the RFID transponder on the “Passenger side” which in a RHD car is on the left of the mirror. Here is my e-toll pass on my Model S that has worked reliably for the last 7 years.
6095514B-0312-487E-AA69-43C6E7076173.jpeg

Reactions: AdeInMelbs
Personal choice I guess.

I've put rubber mats in pretty much every car I've owned. I find that whilst vacuuming gets most of the dirt / grass etc out, it takes ages and is annoying (especially when grass works its way into the carpet fibers. I've also got 2 young kids... that doesn't help with cleanliness either.

Rubber (waterproof) mats means that I can pull them and and shake / wash / high pressure wash them depending on what's been spilled. The liners for the boot also have a lip which is excellent at containing any spills or leaks.

Don't think it's a Tesla specific thing.

I'd just personally never go back to carpet floor mats in any vehicle.
Dog hair is a bugger to get out of carp[et!