Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone go into detail on how it talks to your car? I am still weary about giving a 3rd party access to my car for security as well as vampire drain issues...
Not sure I can give much detail, yet to say I have been using this app for about 8 months and it is my favorite. I really like the stats. The only thing I dislike about most of these apps is that it wakes up the care EVERY TIME you launch the app. Sometimes I just want to look at the stats it has collected and I would prefer it tell me that the car is sleeping and ask me if I want to wake it up.

Same with the Tesla app. I don't always want it to wake up the car. There is a way to just grab "some" info without awakening the car. They just don't do it. Example, TeslaFi is good about not waking up the car unless you want it to (but that is not an app of course).

Gotcha. How often is that information polled from the car?
The rate is governed by iOS and it is
Not sure I can give much detail, yet to say I have been using this app for about 8 months and it is my favorite. I really like the stats. The only thing I dislike about most of these apps is that it wakes up the care EVERY TIME you launch the app. Sometimes I just want to look at the stats it has collected and I would prefer it tell me that the car is sleeping and ask me if I want to wake it up.

Same with the Tesla app. I don't always want it to wake up the car. There is a way to just grab "some" info without awakening the car. They just don't do it. Example, TeslaFi is good about not waking up the car unless you want it to (but that is not an app of course).
thanks for bringing this up. I should probably add this to the FAQ in the app.
I launch the app probably about 20 times a day for development and testing. My phantom drain average is about 0.2mph.
So, opening the app and it fetching the data has a very negligible effect on your phantom drain. I haven't measured this, but I would guess you'd lose more range from the heat being on for 2 seconds than you would each time you fetch data from the car.

Agree that the refresh tokens expire, which is why you need to use your valid refresh token to get a new refresh token before it expires. In any case, the app is nice and I'm not hung up on the password grant. Just letting you know *how* you could choose to support refresh tokens if you wanted to...
You are probably right. I could be mistakened, but I think this is what TeslaFi does, and I have never needed to do the password grant thing as long as I've used the software (going on 2 years now).

My phantom drain hasn't updated since the 17th. Any reason for this? Also shows the same date multiple times.

Attachments

• 5BD58632-3798-478D-AC45-B50A1743F96E.png
    5BD58632-3798-478D-AC45-B50A1743F96E.png
    266.9 KB · Views: 44
My phantom drain hasn't updated since the 17th. Any reason for this? Also shows the same date multiple times.
Each bar corresponds to an odometer value. So if you park for one hour and then drive and park again for an hour in the same day, you'll get two bars. Tap on a bar and you'll get the corresponding location on the map.

If you don't see a bar for 12/18, it could be because the car was plugged in. Tap on support in the app if you need more help.

Siri function such as Open Charge Port only works on the current car selected in Stats. Is there a way to make it work on both Model 3s? It's very difficult for me to open charge ports on both cars (with or without Stats). Charge port won't open when the car is locked so I have to figure out a way to open both at the same time when I'm charging (because my wife don't charge when she gets home).

Siri function such as Open Charge Port only works on the current car selected in Stats. Is there a way to make it work on both Model 3s? It's very difficult for me to open charge ports on both cars (with or without Stats). Charge port won't open when the car is locked so I have to figure out a way to open both at the same time when I'm charging (because my wife don't charge when she gets home).
A new update to the app was released today which does what you want. Specifically, in this version you can record separate Siri Shortcuts for each car. Make sure you delete the existing shortcuts before adding the new ones.
To delete a shortcut, go to the Settings app and select your shortcut and swipe left on the one that you want to delete.

A new update to the app was released today which does what you want. Specifically, in this version you can record separate Siri Shortcuts for each car. Make sure you delete the existing shortcuts before adding the new ones.
To delete a shortcut, go to the Settings app and select your shortcut and swipe left on the one that you want to delete.

Awesome!

I just tested it out with one car (wife is not home).
  1. Set my Tesla App and Stats to Car#1
  2. Setup Siri to open Charge Port for Car #2
  3. Confirmed all Apps and Setting is still set to Car #1
  4. Asked Siri to Open Charge Port on Car #2
  5. Car #2 opened the Charge Port

Also, I guess this is user error and/or apps not supported, but I can't get my useless iWatch 3 to work. I bought the iWatch before I had my Model 3 thinking I could use it to unlock/drive my Model 3. I was looking for a solution to leave my phones in the car and only wear a watch.

Awesome!

Also, I guess this is user error and/or apps not supported, but I can't get my useless iWatch 3 to work. I bought the iWatch before I had my Model 3 thinking I could use it to unlock/drive my Model 3. I was looking for a solution to leave my phones in the car and only wear a watch.
Great! I'm glad that Siri Shortcuts are working with two cars. I'm still waiting for my second Tesla to be delivered, so I couldn't properly test the Stats Siri Shortcuts (of course beta testers with multiple cars helped me a lot).

Regarding Apple Watch: Yes, you can invoke Siri Shortcuts from the Watch. It works well with my Apple Watch 4 (see screenshot below), but I don't think Siri is exclusive to Apple Watch 4. I think even Apple Watch 0 supports Siri. Please let me know if you try with your Watch.

IMG_1015.PNG

Awesome!

BTW, why didn't you use your actual car names or something like "open charge port for my car" and "open charge port for wife's car" which is easier to remember.

Also, when assigning Siri Shortcuts or when executing them, you don't need to actively select the car that you want the Shortcut to operate on; you only needs to select the car associated with the Siri Shortcut when you record the phrase for the Shortcut.

Don't forget that you can also combine multiple shortcuts and create a combo shortcut (e.g., unlock doors and open charge port). You do that using the Shortcut app.

I used car names for Siri but just listed it as Car1 and Car2 here. I wanted to make sure Siri/Stats works when the app was selected for another car. It wasn’t working this way before today’s update where Siri only worked for the car that was selected in Stats. This has been fixed with today’s build.

I just need to learn to combine Siri commends and also get it to work on then iWatch. I don’t use the iWatch except recive Notifications. Never digged into what the watch can do and I’m also new in using Siri.

I used car names for Siri but just listed it as Car1 and Car2 here. I wanted to make sure Siri/Stats works when the app was selected for another car. It wasn’t working this way before today’s update where Siri only worked for the car that was selected in Stats. This has been fixed with today’s build.

I just need to learn to combine Siri commends and also get it to work on then iWatch. I don’t use the iWatch except recive Notifications. Never digged into what the watch can do and I’m also new in using Siri.
You are correct. In the previous version, Siri Shortcuts were applied to the car that was selected in the app. One of the best users indicated that this is not good and in the latest version of the app, the selected car in the app does not affect Siri Shortcuts.

Apple Shortcut app is actually pretty useful for combining different tasks. I find myself using Siri on the Watch more than on the phone. Apple Watch 3 and 4 are very fast and useable.

Apple Shortcut app is actually pretty useful for combining different tasks. I find myself using Siri on the Watch more than on the phone. Apple Watch 3 and 4 are very fast and useable.

Your App is wonderful and Thanks for the advice on Shortcuts App -never heard of it before!

After downloading Shortcuts, I made a combo commend to open doors + charger port but my watch 3 was a little buggy. The watch only understood the commend after un-pairing and re-pairing the watch again. Creating new commends afterwards doesn't get recognized by the Watch but the commends made before re-pairing still works. Hopefully Apple fixes this in a later update (or could be user error -still new to this).

Your app is a great tracker and also solved my issues of unlocking both cars with just 1 phone without toggling between the cars via the Tesla app.

Thanks for making your app available to the public at a great price without Subs.

• Love
Reactions: f8K37Sq31
Each bar corresponds to an odometer value. So if you park for one hour and then drive and park again for an hour in the same day, you'll get two bars. Tap on a bar and you'll get the corresponding location on the map.

If you don't see a bar for 12/18, it could be because the car was plugged in. Tap on support in the app if you need more help.

Hmm. I downloaded the app on the 18th, and my phantom drain still has not recorded anything while I'm at work. Am I missing something?

Your App is wonderful and Thanks for the advice on Shortcuts App -never heard of it before!

After downloading Shortcuts, I made a combo commend to open doors + charger port but my watch 3 was a little buggy. The watch only understood the commend after un-pairing and re-pairing the watch again. Creating new commends afterwards doesn't get recognized by the Watch but the commends made before re-pairing still works. Hopefully Apple fixes this in a later update (or could be user error -still new to this).

Your app is a great tracker and also solved my issues of unlocking both cars with just 1 phone without toggling between the cars via the Tesla app.

Thanks for making your app available to the public at a great price without Subs.
Thank you @sperkin!
I did a Google search related to multi-step Shortcuts on Apple Watch and it looks like a lot of people are experiencing a similar problem with multi-step Shortcuts in general on Apple Watch. I'm sure it's a bug that Apple will address in an update soon. The single-step ones work on my Watch 4.

I'd like this to. But you'd have to realize your "Manual Connects" are insignificant compared to the background connects anyway.
If you don't want background connects you can turn that off by turning off Background Processing (on the phones global settings for the Stats app). BUT if you do turn that off you would lose a lot of statistical tracking of your own car that the app offers.

That all said, I'd still like your option as well. I go into the app more often for the broad statistics than I do my own. The most interesting to watch are the firmware updates. I just find it annoying to connect every time I open the app. An option to not auto connect and when in that state add/show a button to manually connect on the opening screen. I know I can manually jump to the other page without waiting. But I still find it clumsy. Or add an option of which screen to start the app on. If not set to the Summary screen, don't Auto Connect. As soon as you click on the summary screen, only then it would connect.

Also the developer doesn't have a Model 3 yet and there have been numerous glitches with the car especially this "Cold Weather" update that appears to have caused numerous glitches. Including my car just refusing to shutdown all day (randomly on some days). So some extra flexibility is helpful.

I don't know if version 48 fixed it yet. But for the last 2 days since getting version 48 my iPhone as Key has failed. It had NEVER failed in 3 months before this update. Grrr.