Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased the Stats app, but when I opened it for the first time on my iPhone, it goes directly to a log in screen containing only two edit fields (for my username and my password), and an as yet disabled login button. I've never set up an account! There's no obvious way to initialize an account with a username and PW. I'm locked out of using the app from the very beginning.

What am I overlooking?

I just purchased the Stats app, but when I opened it for the first time on my iPhone, it goes directly to a log in screen containing only two edit fields (for my username and my password), and an as yet disabled login button. I've never set up an account! There's no obvious way to initialize an account with a username and PW. I'm locked out of using the app from the very beginning.

What am I overlooking?

Try entering your Tesla.com username and password.

Thank you, that did it. A little scary that a third party app knows the UN and PW of my Tesla app...
FYI, I am NOT at all concerned, especially about this app. You should look at the privacy policy ... if I am right the App does not know your Tesla PW - it's hashed while storing and encrypted while communicating with the Tesla API. If you are worried about misuse of your PW then just change it on Tesla website and your app will stop working.

Since the owner of Stats App can’t post on TMC anymore if anyone has any questions follow him on Twitter.

StatsApp (@StatsTeslaApp) | Twitter

He has to pay TMC to post on here. That seems a little silly to me. He’s not on here pushing his app for people to buy, for the most part helping people. New users would join this form to be able to ask questions about the app. You would think this website would want more members... but what would I know. Oh well

That's complete nonsense from TMC... another valuable contributor not able to post. How do we appeal this decision? :cool:

Stats is showing my rated range to be 324 miles (LR RWD) but my estimated range is 456 miles. Is it normal to see this much variation between rated and estimated?
It is possible if you have a light foot and warm weather, and relatively flat and/or some downhills. I've seen as much as 100km difference so far, as it starts to warm up where I am.
Another way to validate this is to look at your energy graph.
Have fun.

Stats is showing my rated range to be 324 miles (LR RWD) but my estimated range is 456 miles. Is it normal to see this much variation between rated and estimated?
Yep, I’m now showing 136% efficiency after my most recent short local drive which results in 421 miles (vs 310 rated). It’s certainly not that high after driving at 75+ mph. During the winter (and mountain driving) I was seeing more like 80%.

What is a little weird is that it shows three different efficiency numbers: 136% is showing on the initial page which presumably reflects the most recent driving, 92% average is showing on the second page for the Driving Efficiency vs Mileage chart, and 100% is currently showing on the third page for Histogram for Efficiency Across Users (and better than 72% of users). I think I saw the car was last reporting something like 261 Wh/mi over the last 6000 miles or so.

Looks like a very useful app with an iPad and feature rich Apple Watch version, The Apple Watch even has Complications for millage/percentage. This is GREAT and can't wait. Also updated recently (hate getting abandoned apps). Will scarf this up as soon as my 3 arrives.

Still no plan for an Android version? Seems like a lot of coin being left on the table. Assuming there's a lot of iPhone only devs and making a version for Android isn't that difficult. Millions of other iPhone user developed apps that are on both platforms.

I am guessing you have never done Android development. Yes there are porting tools. But the fractured nature of the Android system turns a lot of developers off. All the time and effort to build it and then work on so many different phone types, is NOT worth it in many cases.

Reactions: Scott7