Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP purchase decision and Impression posted - AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition BBK

This chart is worth posting here as well since this thread is a running record of my build.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.17.30 PM.png

The stock calipers held up fine with considerably less thermal capacity so I don't see why not. Andoized is a more robust coating but not so bling bling.
My Tesla Brembo chipping off the paint on edges, I have to say. Anodizing is for sure more reliable.
On Evo X my Brembo became Blackbo - track overheat makes it deep red wine color.
But I have serious doubts it has anything to do with heat dissipation - anodizing is technically paint as well, just goes inside aluminum itself and not only sticking outside.

My Tesla Brembo chipping off the paint on edges, I have to say. Anodizing is for sure more reliable.
On Evo X my Brembo became Blackbo - track overheat makes it deep red wine color.
But I have serious doubts it has anything to do with heat dissipation - anodizing is technically paint as well, just goes inside aluminum itself and not only sticking outside.

I had a 2015 BMW M3 and every caliper turned from Blue to Green. I have yet to have a Tesla caliper change color.

And yes, it is definitely heat related. The less heat in the caliper the less chance there is for it to change color.

I had a 2015 BMW M3 and every caliper turned from Blue to Green. I have yet to have a Tesla caliper change color.

And yes, it is definitely heat related. The less heat in the caliper the less chance there is for it to change color.

Exactly. Even hard anodize parts will discolor over time. I had Wilwood calipers with hard black anodize on previous car, it was close to black when new. After two track seasons, it turned to a dark blue purple color. This is similar to the discoloration people have seen with the rotor hat of MPP rotors after track sessions. This is normal. For trackies, this is a badge of honor, it shows they actually track their car, vs. just talk about tracking their car. One great thing about anodize compare to paint or even powder coating is the resistant to chemical like brake fluid and brake cleaning.

Canadians and their washrooms...lol starting to go more crazy being inside so much.

I have to say, it does make more sense than "restrooms". I usually "wash" my hands (or other body parts) more often than I "rest" when using a washroom/restroom/bathroom/etc.

But I digress.. @beastmode13 nice work on that spoiler! Care to share a link to where one can acquire such sealant?

• Informative
Reactions: Lucky13
I have to say, it does make more sense than "restrooms". I usually "wash" my hands (or other body parts) more often than I "rest" when using a washroom/restroom/bathroom/etc.

But I digress.. @beastmode13 nice work on that spoiler! Care to share a link to where one can acquire such sealant?

This is the same stuff some exotic car manufactures use to seal body panel gaps, accessories, etc.

https://www.grainger.com/product/3M-Black-Sealant-49Z638?searchBar=true&searchQuery=49Z638

Reactions: Theraven