Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The brace is installed. Easy installation except it’s kind of difficult to get a wrench in there to tighten up the lock nut. I end up removing the brace to tighten the lock nut first before I install the brace back on. @MountainPass on the next batch perhaps you could consider shorten the aluminum brace to move the lock nut away from the firewall? Or not, since it’s a install and forget it part.

D82C0010-AA8B-4A6C-A765-7FF94526F74D.jpeg

D26B1DED-6A1C-4FF6-B730-351541DE2369.jpeg

Reactions: Lucky13

Attachments

• D426F86E-E81E-4D23-BE02-004CC92AF8A2.jpeg
    D426F86E-E81E-4D23-BE02-004CC92AF8A2.jpeg
    428.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 04DDAC1E-2C90-4BBA-AAAA-251DFA34E7F7.jpeg
    04DDAC1E-2C90-4BBA-AAAA-251DFA34E7F7.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 74
What do you all think about this anchor point for the Schroth 4pt harness? Acceptable or better up higher next to the OEM seat belt? This is driver side.
I will switch to the rail location when I get a chance to reinstall it. Having the external anchor on the stationary bolt will provide the ability to cinch the belt tighter by moving the seat forward after the harness are clipped in.

Reactions: Theraven
I will switch to the rail location when I get a chance to reinstall it. Having the external anchor on the stationary bolt will provide the ability to cinch the belt tighter by moving the seat forward after the harness are clipped in.[/QUOT

Good point locating it on the rail. It does make it much tighter. The trade off is if you’re a bigger person you might run out of lap belt slack and won’t be able to lock. I’m not a big person and I only have a few inches to spare before the lap belt runs would run out.The shoulder belts are not an issue.

any idea why beastmode's links are so much cheaper?

also, these are all 4 point right? any real advantage for a tesla to go to 5 point? Not sure I've seen an aftermarket 5 point that goes in without changing the seat

One is a Pro model, one is not. Pro version has a cam lock vs a traditional buckle. Schroth Parts - Page 1 - ECS Tuning

No point in getting 5pts with stock seats and without a roll cage that increase the integrity of the driver compartment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindenwood