Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beta Testers Wanted: iOS Sentry Mode viewer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, I hope this post isn't against some rule. If it is, please let me know and I'll remove it.

My husband and I have been working on an iOS app to view TeslaCam footage from any USB storage device. This makes use of the new capabilities in iOS 13.

We've got something that pretty much works and allows you to view and delete saved clips and Sentry mode events from from the USB drive (or from any other location in the Files app, such as a network drive).

You'll need a way of connecting your USB drive used in your car to your iOS / iPadOS device. If using a recent iPad Pro with USB-C you'll be all set with a simple Type A to Type C adapter. For devices with a lightning port you'll need an adapter.

We're looking for a few folks in the UK (time-zone convenience) to test it out and give us some feedback. We'd also like to invite you to join us on Slack to provide feedback and you'll install the beta using TestFlight.

If you're interested, please send me a DM and let me know which iOS devices you use and will be testing with.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: pjuk
Just sent you a DM with details. Now I just need to figure out if I can connect my phone/iPad to the drive. Would be great to port this to a macOS application once Catalyst gets off the ground

macOS app with Catalyst is on the to-do list, for sure. ;)

We use a USB-C / USB-A double-headed drive in the car, so I can plug that directly into the iPad Pro. We also have an Apple Camera Connector Kit which lets us plug in the USB-A end to our lightning iOS devices. Works well!

Sounds interesting but the problem for iPhones is getting the adapter to read the usb/memory card.

When the Tesla browser can access local files it should be able to play the videos, I would have thought, I am sure they are not far off from releasing a type of video player in a future software update.

Sounds interesting but the problem for iPhones is getting the adapter to read the usb/memory card.

When the Tesla browser can access local files it should be able to play the videos, I would have thought, I am sure they are not far off from releasing a type of video player in a future software update.

Hopefully they will build in something natively, though it doesn’t seem to be coming in V10. Native management of clips would be great!

Easy to get a USB lightning adapter. Anyone who has connected a camera to their phone will likely already have one, but admittedly it is a pre-requisite for using this app.

Hurry up..I want to check out who these lunchtime ruffians are ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6.JPG
    IMG_6.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 105