Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser on V9 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photo attached

Attachments

• ECA785E6-F545-476B-A497-6A14EEEFCC93.jpeg
    ECA785E6-F545-476B-A497-6A14EEEFCC93.jpeg
    363.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc
I’ve had a model S for 4 years. I’ve never had a web browser. I was never promised a web browser. Did you have one prior to this?
If you ordered before the original few shipments of Model S then, yes, you would have ordered off the website. There were no cars available locally and barely any Tesla presence at all. The original cars were expected to have come with both Homelink and a browser, as that what was indicated on the website at the time. If you ordered after Tesla had a presence here, and there were locally built cars here, it was clear that these were inactive in Australian cars. If you've had your car for 4 years then this may have been the case for you too.

I e
I’ve had a model S for 4 years. I’ve never had a web browser. I was never promised a web browser. Did you have one prior to this?
I test drove a white (nose cone) Model S on 25 February 2015 in St Leonards in Sydney. It had a browser demonstrated to me by the Tesla employee. I don't know whether this was only enabled for demo vehicles or was indeed a feature that disappeared under the excuse of some mysterious Australian regulation. I'm glad it's back - it has it's uses for sure.

Reactions: baillies
I was initially disappointed when the Web Browser was disabled but when I learnt that you can simply search for a business or location verbally I struggle to see it being of much use other than wasting time at a Supercharger. In the very few times I supercharge however I always find it better to take a walk around the general area than sitting passively in the car.

Reactions: baillies
I was initially disappointed when the Web Browser was disabled but when I learnt that you can simply search for a business or location verbally I struggle to see it being of much use other than wasting time at a Supercharger. In the very few times I supercharge however I always find it better to take a walk around the general area than sitting passively in the car.

I just want a web browser so when people look at the big touchscreen and ask does it have a web browser I can say YES! Then they say electric cars are so cool, they have web browsers, we're going to buy an electric car immediately no matter how much it costs and how bad the Murdoch press tell me they are, because web browsers in cars are almost as cool as Ooshies and plastic crap from Coles. Other than that the web browser is pretty bloody pointless (like plastic crap from Coles), but let's keep that between you and me.

If you ordered before the original few shipments of Model S then, yes, you would have ordered off the website. There were no cars available locally and barely any Tesla presence at all. The original cars were expected to have come with both Homelink and a browser, as that what was indicated on the website at the time. If you ordered after Tesla had a presence here, and there were locally built cars here, it was clear that these were inactive in Australian cars. If you've had your car for 4 years then this may have been the case for you too.
I actually printed all of the web pages (from the australian site) from my first purchase day back in march 2015. I was promised homelink. I have no printouts promising a browser. Before purchasing I had a test drive in melb from a tesla person who actually brought the car to my hotel. It had no browser nor was I offered a browser. I first saw the car at chadstone in january 2015. My subsequent online reading didnt give me any impression of a browser. Tesla were still sorting out their very confusing P, P+ D etc. they seem to have returned to those days with the model 3 naming.

Last edited: