Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t hear any new VIN this two days.

Not sure if Tesla is building any new Model Y cars right now. I assume (being optimistic here) there will probably be more deliveries in July and possibly August, as a lot of us are currently waiting right now with our EDD saying those dates. Either that or we'll be getting them at EOQ in September.

If you look at their live inventory (like on ev-cpo.com), there are currently zero new or used Model Y's for sale in the US right now through Tesla.

Not sure if Tesla is building any new Model Y cars right now. I assume (being optimistic here) there will probably be more deliveries in July and possibly August, as a lot of us are currently waiting right now with our EDD saying those dates. Either that or we'll be getting them at EOQ in September.

If you look at their live inventory (like on ev-cpo.com), there are currently zero new or used Model Y's for sale in the US right now through Tesla.

Tesla is most definitely building Model Y's right now. You don't achieve record quarterly production every quarter by shutting down the assembly line. The only question at the start of the quarter is where are they sending them. They aren't leaving the US/Canada so just checking Troy's spreadsheet over the next few days should indicate whether they are "all" going to parts East, or whether they will still deliver to California early in the quarter.

RT

Reactions: JustYNot
“You are so consistent. Relax and enjoy your long weekend!” My sale just replied me.
Sometimes I feel bad for the SA’s. They are just in the middle with little to no more information than you or I have. Their soft build date is in line with your EDD pretty much every time.

Tesla Corp will decide when your car is built. Not your SA. They can however find a car in inventory and match it if they are proactive and there is inventory to pull from.

Edit: I will share that for the next 8 days I’ll be out here in the Aloha state, so just checking EDD for documentation purposes. Caring less for the next week or so can’t hurt at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg007
Sometimes I feel bad for the SA’s. They are just in the middle with little to no more information than you or I have. Their soft build date is in line with your EDD pretty much every time.

Tesla Corp will decide when your car is built. Not your SA. They can however find a car in inventory and match it if they are proactive and there is inventory to pull from.

Edit: I will share that for the next 8 days I’ll be out here in the Aloha state, so just checking EDD for documentation purposes. Caring less for the next week or so can’t hurt at all.
Yes! That’s what said to me!

How long does it get to MYP if i order today?
Well… The website shows 6-10 weeks.. But I don’t know that ANYONE can give you an accurate answer.. I would maybe use that as a best guess, but you need to realize that it could be longer, maybe even months longer (I would caution you, and don’t get rid of your current transportation until you AT LEAST have a VIN).. Or, you might get lucky and get it sooner as it seems that the MYPs have been delivered quicker than the MYLR lately..

Well… The website shows 6-10 weeks.. But I don’t know that ANYONE can give you an accurate answer.. I would maybe use that as a best guess, but you need to realize that it could be longer, maybe even months longer (I would caution you, and don’t get rid of your current transportation until you AT LEAST have a VIN).. Or, you might get lucky and get it sooner as it seems that the MYPs have been delivered quicker than the MYLR lately..
Because I can’t wait my MYLR anymore…

Ordered and completed profile in Apr. still no vin. Long range, 5 seat, white exterior, black interior, with tow. Last message from SA on Tues was it’s now 10-14 days from being ready.
I have the almost same order “ Long range, 5 seat, white exterior, black interior, with tow,” and 20” induction wheels. SA quoted similar timeframe.

Model Y AWD | Red | Black Interior | 20" | No Hitch, No FSD

Now 35 days since the order placed:
5-22-21: EDD 4-12 weeks
5-29-21: EDD 6-19 to 6-30
6-05-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-12-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-19-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10
6-26-21: EDD 7-16 to 8-5

Been looking at inventory cars for an exact match. Per one of the other threads, cars with less than 50 miles are new off the line. Just a question whether someone else rejected them, or the car shipped to a location and the prospective owner backed out. Probably more the latter I would think. I have a long driving trip planned starting on 7-11, so the next 15 days are going to be an interesting time. I would imagine that the number of inventory cars available will slow down quite a bit starting July 1st, but not drop to 0 since people are always going to back out for one reason or another. It probably depends on where Tesla is going to be shipping the Model Y's starting at the beginning of the third quarter.

RT

Model Y AWD | Red | Black Interior | 20" | No Hitch, No FSD

Now 42 days since the order placed:
5-22-21: EDD 4-12 weeks
5-29-21: EDD 6-19 to 6-30
6-05-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-12-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-19-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10
6-26-21: EDD 7-16 to 8-5
7-3-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10

As others have noted, Inventory cars are non-existent since the end of the second quarter. There were even posts from up North (Bay Area) showing empty showrooms. Thankfully Tesla had a blowout quarter (investor view) though many here are unhappy about the fluctuating EDD dates and long delayed delivery of their Model Ys (customer view). I waited 726 days for my Model 3, and I am in a position where I can just drive my Model 3 till the Model Y arrives, so I'm not particularly concerned about when the Y arrives. Getting stressed out over things beyond your control just gets you stressed out. That's what my lifestyle coach says. :p I'll be selling the 3 when the Y arrives, and the wait has the effect of increasing the value of the 3 over time. Given the delays associated with getting new Model 3/Y, those anxious to get one of these are keeping the used prices for the 3/Y high. I expect this to continue, at least for a few more months.

Another interesting aspect of general used car demand and Tesla's holding their value is that my total cost of ownership has been phenomenal. My Model 3 cost ~$60,000 new, but I got $10,000 off with the Federal and State rebates. I drove the car for 39 months so far. Indications are that I'm going to get over $40,000 in a private sale. So $10,000 out of pocket for 39 months is $256 per month. My gas savings versus say a 50mpg Prius works out to $80 per month. So monthly cost is now down to $176 per month. Mrs. Toe thought that I was crazy for buying a $60,000 car, with a $1,079 monthly payment. It turns out that the car ended up being less expensive to own than a Buick Encore that she drove for a while. This kind of scenario may not end up playing out into the future for very long, it depends on a lot of things. Will other car makers be producing 300+ mile EVs that hold their value like this over time? Seems unlikely. So I think that Tesla's will continue to hold their resale value much longer than other manufacturers EVs.

This is not lost on those buying either new Tesla's or used Tesla's. That's one of the reasons why you are here reading this wondering why it is that a car you ordered N weeks/months ago still hasn't arrived. Demand exceeds supply, by a lot. And that's both good and bad, depending on your point of view. ;)

Back to your regularly scheduled programing...

RT