Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 106.
EDD moved up today! (first time EDD changed in almost 2 weeks).
Was 9/14 - 9/30.
Now 9/13 - 9/26.
Not a huge movement but I like that the EDD range is shorter and 1d earlier.
First date of EDD range moved this morning and has tightened the EDD Window. +3/0 to bring it to 9/16 - 9/26. I hope the tighter EDD range means VIN is coming since that's the pattern I've seen with others before they received their VINs soon after. I'm at 109 days today and would so love to finally get what feels like a blue unicorn at this point!

First date of EDD range moved this morning and has tightened the EDD Window. +3/0 to bring it to 9/16 - 9/26. I hope the tighter EDD range means VIN is coming since that's the pattern I've seen with others before they received their VINs soon after. I'm at 109 days today and would so love to finally get what feels like a blue unicorn at this point!
Same exact change here (+3/+0) to the same EDD window…..

Question... for those of you with imminent EDD windows, are you still set to cash purchase even though you plan to switch to finance? I'm trying to time the switch (not from a Tesla standpoint because as we all know DON'T CHANGE ANYTNING on your profile until you have a VIN), but I would like to line up 3rd party financing (maybe for a Tesla Rate Match - still undecided). I want to minimize the inquiry count on my credit to keep them as close together as possible.

Specifically looking at some of you with similar EDD windows... @johnc925 @LSJR @nnOC @GildedVines @lalapuglooza

Question... for those of you with imminent EDD windows, are you still set to cash purchase even though you plan to switch to finance? I'm trying to time the switch (not from a Tesla standpoint because as we all know DON'T CHANGE ANYTNING on your profile until you have a VIN), but I would like to line up 3rd party financing (maybe for a Tesla Rate Match - still undecided). I want to minimize the inquiry count on my credit to keep them as close together as possible.

Specifically looking at some of you with similar EDD windows... @johnc925 @LSJR @nnOC @GildedVines @lalapuglooza
A multiple inquiry credit score movement is if you do the credit check after 14 days form the first inquiry. If you’re gonna run it have your multi lender list ready to apply all at the same time so it’s just one inquiry.

• Informative
Reactions: DDubbsEV

My profile is set up with Tesla financing and it’s already approved. Maybe not the best rate, but in the interest of convenience, I resigned myself to it. I totally understand the unknown timing for what you’re looking to do. I feel the same about trading in vs. selling my current vehicle outright. Hard to plan when you don’t know when you’re getting a VIN! Just need the dang car!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Falcon73
Looks like it's a.......... VIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1631636366183.png

VIN #: 271xxx

I made the mistake of applying for BofA loan in June when my EDD range was 2 weeks out back in June. So that inquiry is locked in against my credit. Oh well.

Since I'm feeling pretty good about this upcoming EDD, I applied for the DCU loan last night and got my approval email this morning. Next step I'm taking is to get the Tesla agreement from my VIN blue button, send it to DCU as a PDF to get the 1.24%.... then I'll be emailing Tesla's rate match email address to request rate matching.

Got my vin today. Any ballers out there who want it for $65k or best reasonable offer? White exterior, black interior, 20”, no fsd no tow. I’m paying off the full amount in cash. Picking up Wednesday.

I’m already getting offers for my used model y picked up last month. Same spec with 3.5k miles, full frontal ppf, ceramic coated. Carmax offered $62.5k lol
I'll give you $63k.