Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to think that this text was a joke since my delivery date has not changed and it is still April 12-May 10. Why would they do this?
I called Tesla and they said their system sent out automated texts to identify all the customers that could take delivery by EOQ if spots were to open up. It was not a guarantee that one would get their car in March.

Got bumped as well to a longer window, 4/21 - 5/26. I'm pissed off. The a**hole Tesla person I talked to over the phone on the 18th said my car was still looking like a EOQ delivery. The news this morning doesn't point to an EOQ delivery. These delays keep costing us money and real inconveniences to our lives as many of you have pointed out. This whole experience now makes me associate Tesla with incompetence and lies. Like I posted a while back, yes the car is great, this will be my second, but in the end it's just a car that ages and wears just like any other. Can't wait to check out the competitors once I'm ready for our next car. Just pathetic.

Just called Tesla to ask if changing the order to Performance would help me get a car quicker and the answer was no. Given my Sept OD and my current EDD, the Tesla rep said I might get my original order faster than if I changed the order to a MYP which is currently showing as a June delivery date. Simply pathetic.

I called Tesla and they said their system sent out automated texts to identify all the customers that could take delivery by EOQ if spots were to open up. It was not a guarantee that one would get their car in March.
I got a VIN couple of days ago and just waiting to get notified to continue my pre-delivery task with a new EDD of March 23-31. I won't believe it until the car is in my garage.

Well that was short-lived... Just now my EDD went from 3/26 - 4/6, to 4/18 - 5/23... Had gotten the last EDD just about a week ago... Good thing I didn't get my hopes up too much. Guess I'm not part of the EOQ push for California.
The exact same thing happened to me in San Diego... almost identical. The SA said he thinks I will get brought back up, so maybe it will happen to you too. Good luck :D

Reactions: PeteOC
What is going on? This is ridiculous……
OD 8/10/21
EDD now
8717A15D-EE3E-46A3-9503-6F7BF4E879CB.jpeg